[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, September 30, 2008

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Tue Sep 30 15:07:57 EDT 2008

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Golden Anniversary: Dizzy Reece's Blues in Trinity
http://hardbop.tripod.com/reece.html Hard Bop Homepage feature
http://dizzyreece.blogspot.com/ Dizzy's My Space page

8:00 PM Dizzy Reece Star Bright Groovesville Mosaic Select 1959

8:09 PM Sherry Maracle & Diva Live from Jazz at Lincoln Center TPN Blues Diva Jazz 2008
8:15 PM Clark Terry/Bob Brookmeyer Complete Recordings Dancing on the Grave Lonehill Jazz 1965
8:18 PM Bob Mintzer Big Band Swing Out My Shining Hour MCG 2008

8:28 PM Billie Holiday All or Nothing at All Just One of Those Things Verve 1956
8:33 PM Ruby Braff/Dave McKenna Complete Quartet Sessions As Long As I Live Gambit 1956
8:36 PM Johnny Hartman I Just Dropped By to Say Hello A Sleepin' Bee Impulse 1963
8:39 PM John Swana Bright Moments Open Highway Criss Cross Jazz 2008

3 of Harry Warren's 772 songs! http://www.harrywarren.org/songs.htm
8:48 PM Joe Magnarelli Persistence I Had the Craziest Dream Reservoir 2008
8:55 PM Shelly Manne The West Coast Sound You're Getting to Be a Habit With Me Contemporary 1955
8:58 PM David Berger I Had the Craziest Dream Boulevard of Broken Dreams Such Sweet Thunder 2008

9:05 PM Dizzy Reece Blues in Trinity Blues in Trinity Blue Note 1958
9:11 PM Dizzy Reece Blues in Trinity I Had the Craziest Dream Blue Note 1958
9:14 PM Dizzy Reece Blues in Trinity Close-Up Blue Note 1958

9:28 PM Dave Pietro Embrace: Impressions of Brazil Never Nothing Challenge 2004 UMass 10/3
9:34 PM Choro Ensemble Nosso Tempo Zanzando em Copacabana Anzic 2007 featuring Anat Cohen
9:37 PM Milton Nascimento Novas Bossas Brigas Nunca Mais Blue Note 2008

9:42 PM Curtis Fuller The Opener Soon Blue Note 1957
9:47 PM Antonio Ciacca Rush Life Chipewa Motema 2008
9:54 PM Idit Shner Tuesday's Blues Tuesday's Blues OA2 2008

10:04 PM Dizzy Reece Blues in Trinity Shepherd's Serenade Blue Note 1958
10:11 PM Dizzy Reece Blues in Trinity Color Blind Blue Note 1958
10:17 PM Dizzy Reece Blues in Trinity Eboo Blue Note 1958
10:21 PM Dizzy Reece Blues in Trinity Just a Penny Blue Note 1958

10:29 PM George Khan Cover Up Yesterday/Yesterdays Playing Records 2008
10:36 PM Roy Hargrove Earfood Speak Low EmArcy 2008
10:41 PM Eric Alexander Prime Time Some Other Time High Note 2008

10:47 PM Michael Moore/Frad Hersch This We Know Four in One Palmetto 2008
10:52 PM Kenny Barron The Traveler Memories of You Sunnyside 2008

Wednesday: "Paris Blues" for Paul Newman

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR