[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Cafe Jazz Sep 29,2008

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 30 21:07:14 EDT 2008

Playlist for Café Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Sep 29,2008

Part of our " Melodic Monday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Café Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 8PM

Playlist for Sep 29, 2008

Hour 1

TAKE 6 - "Sweet Georgia Brown" - The Standard - (Heads Up)

NEW YORK VOICES - "Noticing the Moment" - A Day Like This - (MCG)

SHELBY LYNNE - "Willie and Laura Mae Jones" - Just a Little Lovin - (Lost Highway)

SERGIO MENDES AND BRASIL'66 - "With a Little Help From My Friends" - Look Around - (Verve)

NANCY STEARNS - "Here We Are" - With Rhyme But For No Particular Reason - (indep)

JIM SHEARER/CHARLIE WOOD - "Can't Take You Nowhere" - The Memphis Hang - (Summit)

CRIS BARBER - "Be Sure" - This Moment To Be Free - (37)

KELLY HARLAND - "Can I Forget You/Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" - Long Ago and Far Away - (Origin)

DIANNE REEVES - "The House I Live In" - Higher Ground Hurricane Katrina Benefit - (Blue Note)

SCOTT WHITFIELD JAZZ ORCHESTRA EAST - "Laughin and Lovin" - Live at Birdland - (Summit)

GINGER BERGLUND - "Whatever Happened to Romance" - Haven't We Met - (indep)

Hour 2

TAKE 6 - "Straighten Up and Fly Right" - The Standard - (Heads Up)

DIANNE REEVES - "Just My Imagination" - When You Know - (Blue Note)

STEVE TYRELL - "Love Like Ours" - A New Standard - (Atlantic)

TAKE 6 - "Seven Steps to Heaven" - The Standard - (Heads Up)

TIERNEY SUTTON - "Emily" - Dancing in the Dark - (Telarc)

DEBORAH BROWN - "Little Esther" - Jazz4Jazz - (indep)

LISA BELL - "She's Not Right For You" - It's All About Love - (indep)

TIERNEY SUTTON - "East Of The Sun" - I'm With the Band - (Telarc)

BOBBY FLOYD - "The Nearness of You" - Notes To And From My Friends - (Chicken Coup)

PAUL WEST AND MARK BROWN - "Thumbin' a Ride" - Words and Music - (Origin)

FRANK SINATRA - "They Can't Take That Away From Me" - The Jazz Singers - (Smithsonian)

MOSE ALLISON - "Hey Good Lookin" - Allison Wonderland - (Rhino)

Questions, Comments, Suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Café Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM