[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Sep 27,2008

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 30 21:18:39 EDT 2008

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Sep 27,2008

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Sep 27, 2008

Hour 1

PETE ZIMMER QUARTET - "From This Moment On" - Chillin'Live at the Jazz Factory - (Tippin)

TED KOOSHIAN STANDARD ORBIT QUARTET - "Don't Give Up" - self titled - (Summit)

SUPERSAX AND L.A.VOICES - "Out the Window" - Best Of - (Group 7)

RICHARD BOULGER - "Time Flies" - Blues Twilight - (indep)

DUKE ELLINGTON - "Morning Glory" - Never No Lament - The Blanton Webster Band - (Bluebird)

DAN COY TRIO - "Killer Joe" - Nothing But the Truth - (indep)

DIANNE REEVES - "Just My Imagination" - When You Know - (Blue Note)

Hour 2

ROLAND GUERIN - "Picture Frame" - WWOZ on CD Sounds of New Orleans - (indep)

BILL SUMMERS - "Manteca" - WWOZ on CD Sounds of New Orleans - (indep)

MARK WEINSTEIN - "Shanti" - Straight No Chaser - (Jazzheads)

JOE LOCKE - "No Moe" - Force of Four - (Origin)

SEATTLE WOMEN'S JAZZ ORCHESTRA - "The Checkered Demon" - Meeting of the Waters - (Origin)

JEFF COFFIN - "Espoo You" - Commonality - (Compass)

Hour 3

LAURA COYLE - "Close Your Eyes" - self titled - (indep)

NEW YORK VOICES - "Noticing the Moment (Moment's Notice)" - A Day Like This - (MCG)

OSCAR BROWN JR - "Hazel's Hips" - Sin and Soul - (Sony)

TAKE 6 - "Sweet Georgia Brown" - The Standard - (Heads Up)

ELLA FITZGERALD - "Our Love Is Here To Stay" - Love Letters from Ella - (Concord)

TIERNEY SUTTON - "Just Squeeze Me" - Blue In Green - (Telarc)

RON KAPLAN - "Manhattan" - New York - (Kapland)

KEMBA COFIELD - "How High the Moon" - Shades of Kemba - (indep)

CHRISTINE HITT - "You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To" - same - (Maxjazz)

PAUL BURTON - "I Love Paris" - Songs on a Steinway - (indep)

KAYLA TAYLOR JAZZ - "Cry Me a River" - A Night at Pacific and Vine - (Smartykat)

Hour 4

MITCH PALIGA - "Brittle" - Fall Night - (Origin)

DEEP BLUE ORGAN TRIO - "I Thought About You" - Folk Music - (Origin)

LASZLO GARDONY - "Summertime" - Dig Deep - (Sunnyside)

CHRIS BUZZELLI - "Steppin In It" - I Can Pick My Friends - (indep)

RICHIE COLE AND THE ALTO MADNESS ORCH - "Now I Have Everything" - Rise's Rose Garden - (Jazz Excursion)

GENE BURKERT - "Relative Material" - The Jazz Palette - (Sea Breeze)

JIM PEARCE - "Left Coast" - Never Open With a Ballad - (Oak Ave)

BARNEY MCCLURE TRIO - "Tick Tock" - Spot - (Origin)

Hour 5

RAMONA BORTHWICK - "Latin Quarter" - A New Leaf - (Whaling City Sound)

ALEX BUDMAN AND THE CONTEMPORARY JAZZ ORCH - "Samba in 7" - Instruments of Mass Pleasure - (Origin)

JOHN LEWIS - "Three Little Feelings" - The Birth of the Third Stream - (Sony)

DON GRUSIN - "Road Town" - The Hang - (indep)

JOE BECK/JOHN ABERCROMBIE - "Mikey Likes It" - Coincidence - (Whaling City Sound)

KELLY BRAND NEXTET - "Try Silence" - The Door - (Origin)

Hour 6

JIMMY SMITH - "Messy Bessie" - Back at the Chicken Shack - (Blue Note)

PHIL BROWN QUARTET - "Hope Street Saunter" - Hope Street Saunter - (indep)

GENE BURKERT - "Talking Walls" - The Jazz Palette - (Sea Breeze)

PABLO ASLAN - "Loca Bohemia" - Buenos Aires Tango Standards - (Zoho)

JOEL FRAHM - "Joanne Julia" - We Used to Dance - (Anzik)

ELLA FITZGERALD - "Round Midnight" - Jazz Round Midnight - (Verve)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM