[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Jazz Tuesday September 30

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Sep 30 21:49:45 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE Public radio, archived at
ideastations.org/radio. Please direct cd's for aiplay consideration to the
address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday September 30, 2008

(Billy Strayhorn) Raincheck – Worktime – Sonny Rollins – Prestige –
OJCCD-007-02

(John Patton) Dem Dirty Blues – Blue John – John Patton – Blue Note – CDP
7 84143 2

(Youmans, Rose, Eliscu) Without a Song – Rush Life – Antonio Ciacca –
Motema – MTM-00015

(Harry Warren, Mack Gordon) At Last – So Many Stars - Ava Logan – Diva Vet
Music -

(Tizol, Mills, Ellington) Caravan – The Beat Goes on – Frank Derrick –
Jazzed media – JM 1035

(Dorothy Fields and Jerome Kern) A Fine Romance - Marion McPartland on
52nd Street – Savoy Jazz – 92880-2

(Donaldson, Kahn) Love Me or Leave Me – Walkin’ – Miles Davis – Prestige –
PRCD-7076-2

(Warne Marsh) Marshmallow – Subconcious-Lee - Lee Konitz with Warne Marsh
– Prestige – OJCCD-186-2

(Victor Young) Delilah – Bags Meets Wes – Wes Montgomery and Milt Jackson
– Riverside – OJCCD-234-2

8:01 NPR News

(Carmichael, Voynow, Mills, Parish) Riverboat Shuffle – Bix Beiderbecke
and the Chicago Cornets – Milestone – MCD – 47019-2

There Ain’t No Land Like Dixieland to Me – Bix Beiderbecke Volume 1:
Singin’ the Blues - Columbia – CK 45450

(Benny Carter, Irving Mills) Blues in My Heart – Mildred Bailey: The
Rockin’ Chair Lady (1931-1950) – Decca Jazz – GRD-644

(Fats Waller) African Ripples – Fats Waller – Bluebird/Legacy – 82876
83267 2

Ring Dem Bells – The Okeh Ellington – Duke Ellington - Columbia – C2K
46177

(McKenzie-Billings) Never Had a Reason to Believe in You – That’s a
Serious Thing – Jack Teagarden – Bluebird – 9986-2-RB

(Tom Delaney) Jazz Me Blues – Wild Bill Davison: The Commodore Master
Takes – Commodore – CMD-405

(Hodges, Drake, Shirl) You Blew out the Flame in My Heart – Coleman
Hawkins All Stars Featuring Joe Thomas & Vic Dickenson –
Prestige/Swingville – OJCCD-225-2

 (Med Flory) I’m Dig – The Phil Norman Tentet Totally Live at Catalina
Jazz Club – Mama – MAA 1034

(Herbie Hancock) A Tribute to Someone – My Point of View – Herbie Hancock
– Blue Note – CDP 84126 2

(Garcia-Fons) Entremundo – Arcoluz – Renaud Garcia-Fons – Enja/Justin Time
– JENJ-3325-2

9:01 NPR news

(Eddy Khaimovich) The Saga of Imaba – Andarta – Roy Assaf & Eddy
Khaimovich Quartet – Origin Records – 82515

(Corey Christiansen) Steele – Roll with It – Corey Christiansen – Origin
Records - 82513

(Marvin Fisher, Jack Siegel) May I Come in – Why Can’t You Behave –
Kristin Korb – Double K Music – www.kristinkorb.com

(Hudson, DeLange, Mills) Moonglow / (Pinkard, Tracey, Tauber) Them There
Eyes – From the Age of Swing – Dick Hyman – Reference Recordings – RR-59
CD

(Nat Adderly) Work Song – Nippon Soul – Cannonball Adderly – Riverside –
OJCCD-435-2

(Van Heusen, DeLange) Deep in a Dream – Deep in a Dream – Chet Baker –
Pacific Jazz – 7243 5 35937 2 8

(Grant Green) Blues for Charlie – Blue and Sentimental – Ike Quebec – Blue
Note – CDP 7 84098 2