[JPL] Song Pronunciation

Elizabeth Farriss efarriss at mail.ewu.edu
Mon Dec 14 17:00:15 EST 2009

Thanks, Bob!

Elizabeth

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Stewart" <bstewar at kirkwood.edu>
To: <jazzproglist at jazzweek.com>
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 1:50 PM
Subject: RE: [JPL] Song Pronunciation

This week's sponsor:  New World n Jazz Marketing, Promotion and Consulting

Neal and Matt at New World N Jazz wish you and your families a very Happy
Holiday and a New Year filled with good health, good fortunes and good
friends. Thanks for your support in the past year.

Please note that we have moved the West Coast office and the new info is:
1188 Grizzly Peak Blvd., Berkeley, CA 94708 NEW PHONE 510 705-1660.

--------

I believe its TERP-suh-kor, Elizabeth.

Bob Stewart, KCCK

This week's sponsor:  New World n Jazz Marketing, Promotion and Consulting

Neal and Matt at New World N Jazz wish you and your families a very Happy
Holiday and a New Year filled with good health, good fortunes and good
friends. Thanks for your support in the past year.

Please note that we have moved the West Coast office and the new info is:
1188 Grizzly Peak Blvd., Berkeley, CA 94708 NEW PHONE 510 705-1660.

--------

Hi All,

I have come across a song title that I'm unsure how to pronounce. It's a
Howard Roberts tune called "Terpsichore"
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Elizabeth A. Farriss
Program/Music Director
KEWU-FM/ Jazz 89.5
Eastern Washington University
Cheney, WA

509-359-2850 (voice)
509-359-4841 (fax)
efarriss at ewu.edu
on the web @www.kewu.ewu.edu

"What a man does for others, not what they do for him, gives him
immortality".
Daniel Webster

Registration is now open for JazzWeek Summit 2010, to be held at the
Radisson Riverside Hotel in Rochester, N.Y., June 17-19.

Extra Early-Bird registration at $129 is open for the first 20
registrants -- hurry while those still remain. In addition, room rates at
the newly-renovated Radisson Riverside start at $91 for single- or
double-occupancy. We hope that by making the event  affordable, we can draw
a greater number of participants. Hotel reservations are now open as well,
with information at http://summit.jazzweek.com/