[JPL] Fw: Dobbin's Den 710 Jan. 4, 2009

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 3 13:01:45 EST 2009

BACKGROUND TO EDITION 710
Today we present an all trumpet show including Herbie Spanier, Kenny Wheeler, Guido Basso and Freddie Stone, and Kevin Turcotte plus a Freddie Hubbard Memorial
DOBBIN'S DEN [#710]

Produced and hosted by Len Dobbin
11am - 1pm   CKUT 90.3 fm
www.ckut.ca    [And archived at that address]
Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
January 4, 2009

HERBIE SPANIER

ANTHOLOGY 1962-93 [JUSTIN TIME]

*Rapido

KENNY WHEELER

OTHER PEOPLE [CAM JAZZ]

*Win Some, Lose Some

RON COLLIER - DUKE ELLINGTON

NORTH OF THE BORDER [ATTIC]

*Silent Night, Lonely Night [Basso - Stone]

STACIE McGREGOR

STRAIGHT UP [G-THREE]

*Straight Up [Turcotte]

FREDDIE HUBBARD MEMORIAL

WAYNE SHORTER

WAYNING MOMENTS [BLUE MOON]

Powder Keg (Hubbard 1962)

SPEAK NO EVIL [BLUE NOTE]

Witch Hunt (Hubbard 19640

J.J. JOHNSON

COMPLETE COLUMBIA SMALL GROUP SESSIONS [MOSAIC]

Shutter Bug (Hubbard 1960)

FREDDIE HUBBARD

GOIN' UP [BLUE NOTE]

I Wished I Knew (1960)

HUB CAP [BLUE NOTE]

Hub Cap (1961)

ARTISTRY OF FREDDIE HUBBARD [IMPULSE]

Caravan (1962)

ART BLAKEY

CARAVAN [RIVERSIDE]

Thermo (Hubbard 1962)

THREE BLIND MICE - VOL. 1 [BLUE NOTE]

Up Jumped Spring (alternate) [Hubbard 1962]

FREE FOR ALL [BLUE NOTE]

The Core (Hubbard 1964)

ERIC DOLPHY

PROFILES [PRESTIGE]

On Green Dolphin Street (Hubbard 1960)

OLIVER NELSON

BLUES AND THE ABSTRACT TRUTH [IMPULSE[

Stolen Moments (Hubbard 1961)

BILL EVANS

INTERPLAY [RIVERSIDE]

You and the Night and the Music (Hubbard 1962)

Canadian content (*) 4 of 16

LEN DOBBIN

271 EMPIRE STREET

GREENFIELD PARK, QUEBEC

J4V 1V1

CANADA

(Please note that:

MATERIAL MEANT FOR THE DOROTHEE BERRYMAN SHOWS ON ESPACE MUSIQUE CAN BE SENT TO THE SAME ADDRESS, AS I'M HER RESEARCHER.)