[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Jan 3,2009

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 4 13:27:26 EST 2009

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Jan 3,2009

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up…

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950’s to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country’s greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Jan 3, 2009

Hour 1

MARK COLBY - "Myth Mary's Blues" - Reflections - (Origin)

OFER ASSAF - "Blues for MB" - Tangible Reality - (Summit)

ALBERT RIVERA - "Ain't It Just Like the Night" - Re-introduction - (indep)

DON HALES - "Motivation" - Unified String Theory - (Summit)

SKIP WILKINS QUINTET - "Bring the Sun" - The Paint Peeler - (indep)

BENNY POWELL - "You Got It" - Nextep - (Summit)

KLOBAS/KESECHER ENSEMBLE - "No Gravity" - No Gravity - (indep)

SERGE FORTE TRIO - "St Thomas" - Oscar A Tribute - (indep)

Hour 2

SOUTH FLORIDA JAZZ ORCH - "Blues Gumbo" - self titled - (Summit)

MATT HAVILAND - "Bolivia" - Beyond Good and Evil - (indep)

GORDON GOODWIN'S BIG PHAT BAND - "Whodunnit" - The Phat Pack - (Immergent)

ROY HARGROVE - "To Wisdom the Prize" - Earfood - (Emarcy)

NIGEL KENNEDY - "Song For My Father" - Blue Note Sessions - (Blue Note)

ADAM SHULMAN QUARTET - "On Second Thought" - On Second Thought - (indep)

COREY CHRISTIANSEN - "Half Pay" - Roll With It - (Origin)

Hour 3

KENNY WASHINGTON - "All Blues" - Live at Anna's Jazz Island - (indep)

JAMIE DAVIS - "Blue Skies" - Vibe Over Perfection - (indep)

JOAN CARTWRIGHT - "Blues In the Pockets" - Feeling Good - (indep)

TAMMY ALLEN - "I Am Free" - Wonderful to Be - (indep)

FREDDY COLE - "Take a Little Time to Smile" - Merry Go Round - (Telarc)

KELLY HARLAND - "The Song Is You" - Long Ago and Far Away - (Origin)

CHRIS HUMPHREY - "In Walked Bud" - Nothing But Blue Sky - (Cadence Jazz)

KRISTIN KORB - "Nobody Wants to Sing The Blues" - Why Can't You Behave - (Double K)

DIANNE REEVES - "Today Will Be a Good Day" - When You Know - (Blue Note)

NEW YORK VOICES - "Don't You Worry About a Thing" - A Day Like This - (MCG)

FRANK SINATRA - "All The Way" - All The Way - (Capitol)

Hour 4

SCOTT WHITFIELD - "Little Big Horn" - Hiding In Plain Sight - (Amosaya)

SCOTT WHITFIELD JAZZ ORCH EAST - "In Walked Horace" - Live At Birdland - (Summit)

JIMMY JUNEBUG JACKSON - "Teaneck" - On My Way Home - (Blue Canoe)

SHOOK/RUSSO TRIO - "The Things You Say" - Introducing the FAB Trio - (Summit)

BRIDGE QUARTET - "Angel Street" - Day - (Origin)

GLENN WHITE - "Sacred Machines" - Sacred Machines - (Origin)

MARK WEINSTEIN - "Invitation" - Straight No Chaser - (Jazzheads)

LARRY GELB - "The Honeymooners Now" - America Is Free - (indep)

COUNT BASIE - "Right On" - Complete Fifties Verve/Clef - (Mosaic)

Hour 5

BILL EVANS TRIO - "Woody n' You" - Green Dolphin Street - (Milestone)

PHIL WOODS LITTLE BIG BAND - "Which Way Is Uptown" - Concord 30th Anniversary Box Set - (Concord)

JOEL FRAHM - "Jobimiola" - We Used To Dance - (Anzik)

ART BLAKEY AND THE JAZZ MESSENGERS - "Dat Dere" - The Big Beat - (Blue Note)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Bright Mississippi" - Monk's Dream - (Sony)

CHARLES EARLAND - "Sister Sadie" - The Mighty Burner - (Highnote)

GENE BURKERT - "Rogue March" - The Jazz Palette - (Seabreeze)

GERI ALLEN - "Embraceable You" - Timeless Portraits and Dreams - (Telarc)

Hour 6

MILES DAVIS - "Airegin" - Complete Prestige Sessions - (Prestige)

LEE MORGAN - "The Sidewinder" - The Sidewinder - (Blue Note)

GARY MOTLEY - "P.K's Tempo" - Everything I Own - (GMM)

DAN MORETTI - "Monk's Walk" - Passing Place - (Whaling City Sound)

GRACE KELLY/LEE KONITZ - "Subconcious Lee" - Gracefullee - (Indep)

MACE HIBBARD - "Better Than Most" - When Last We Met - (MHM)
JOHN STEIN - "Jack's Back" - Green Street - (Whaling City Sound)
JAMIE DAVIS - "Round Midnight" - Vibe Over Perfection - (indep)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host – "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM