[JPL] WWSP playlist week of 1/4/09

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 4 15:40:10 EST 2009

WWSP  JAZZ / WORLD / PLUS    Report for week of 1/4/09
WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 Watts

Russ Haines
Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.

4 or more spins

6 Arild Andersen – Live At Belleville – ECM
8 Gene Ess – Modes Of Limited Transcendence – Simp Records
7 Marcus Goldhaber – Take Me Anywhere – Fallen Apple
8 Ken Hatfield & Friends – To Be Continued… - m/pub
7 Julia Hulsmann Trio – The End Of A Summer – ECM
7 Laika – Misery – blujazz/Plus Loin
8 David ‘Fathead’ Newman – Diamondhead – HighNote
8 Florin Niculescu – Pl;ays Stephane Grappelli – blujazz/Plus Loin
8 Greg Reitan – Some Other Time – Sunnyside
5 Revolutionary Snake Ensemble – Forked Tongue – Cuneiform
6 Joani Taylor – In My Own Voice – West Coast Records
5 Marlene VerPlanck – Once There Was A Moon – Audiophile Records

2 – 3 spins (None this week)

JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 1/4/09

Billet-Deux – Deux – Self Produced
Todd Coolman – Perfect Strangers – Artist Share
John Harden Project – Just Say So – Self Produced
Amanda Tosoff – Wait And See – Cellar Live

*** = Add         W = WORLD

W 7 Bajofundo – Mardulce – Decca
W 8 Ablaye Cissko/Volker Goetze – Sira – Obliqsound
W 7 Mofongo – Tumbao – AGO
W 8 Omara Portuondo – Gracias – World Village

PLUS = Music that fits multiple formats at WWSP

8 Michel Benita/Manu Codja – Ramblin’ Nocturne/Plus Loin
7 Ann Licater – Following The Call – Cul De Sac Mystic
8 Alan Pasqua – The Antisocial Club – Cryptogramophone

THE NEXT ADD DATE FOR WWSP is 1/18/08.  I will have space for ? Jazz discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up with the quantity of quality music that we receive.
Thanks for your support of WWSP  90fm.
  Russ
Russell HainesJazz/World Music DirectorWWSP 90fm1608 Reserve StreetStevens Point, WI. 54481