[JPL] J W Top 08 list/, Richie Cole, Janine Santana, Al Hood

Arturo Gomez arturo at kuvo.org
Tue Jan 6 12:58:32 EST 2009

Happy Three Kings Days/Epiphany !

This morning I arose to find my Christmas gifts at the foot of my bed
delivered by the 3 Wise Men-Gaspar, Melchior and Baltazar although I didn’t
like the gift left behind by their camels

Anyone know when we can expect the annual Jazz Week most played CD chart?

Richie Cole along with the Latin Giants of Jazz’s co-leader José Madera are
in our Oasis studio today and tommorro with conguera Janine Santana to do
some recording and rehearsal before their Dazzle show Wednesday night. They
are recording 2 jazz89KUVO songs written by Richie for us and they are also
being filmed, when they’re finished I will post a link to see them in action

Allan Harris recorded a Nat King Cole Christmas album and radio special  in
our Oasis Performance studio in December 08 to be aired nationally next
December during the 90th birthday year of Nathaniel Coles, the CD will also
be released for next year’s Yuletide season

Look for a fine debut release by trumpeter Al Hood, “Just A Little Taste”,
Dr Jazz will be working the album as he did for Janine Santana’s swinging
“Soft As  Granite” with Richie Cole and Madera

Hoping everyone has a swingin’ 2009

Arturo Gómez
Music Director, jazz89 KUVO
The Oasis In The City