[JPL] Eliane Elias CD

Mark Rini mark at groovmarketing.com
Thu Jan 8 18:49:56 EST 2009

I'm sorry Tom, but with all due respect that is just not accurate,
especially in the case of Blue Note. While y'all were getting your little
bash-a-thon on, we took the time to  bring this discussion to the attention
of the label. Yes, we have brought this matter up before, on several
different occasions with some clients, but we all know how often personnel
and positions change with in the music industry. Track times and legible
print are part of our initial spiel when we're discussing a project in the
early stages. Unfortunately, we are not always involved in the early stages.

 Back to Eliane..

>From one product manager at Blue Note in response to the email I sent...

"Copying.. our creative head. We will certainly try and be sensitive to the
programmers wishes on anything going forward - per artist/mngt and creative
approvals. Thanks for the heads up bro."

That doesn't sound to me "like they just don't care"

>From the creative director..

"As for Eliane, the artwork came from Japan and was approved by her, so I
have less control over that"

So in this particular instance there was a little more to it than someone
just not giving a shit.

And before it gets brought up, yes, The Blue Note 7 is sans track times too.
We do apologize for the inconvenience and we do realize that it genuinely is
one. We will be sending out track times in our next email blast and for
those who request it, we'll print up stickers for you to affix to the back
of the CDs. Just shoot either one of us an email and we'll take care of it.

Most importantly...a sincere thank you for listening to the music.

Mark and Josh