[JPL] I'm in a Quandry

louisx at verizon.net louisx at verizon.net
Fri Jan 9 11:12:40 EST 2009

You all must be over 50.  Sex will always sell to teens and
twenty-somethings. You don't "get beyond it" until the hormones diminish.
Sex is a big part of music. Jazz was always about sex.  The saxophone is a
sexy instrument, with all of its moaning vocal-sounding tones.   I'll step
out and say I bought CDs because of a sexy cover or a touch of humor in the
photo.  In the end it's the music that matters, but cover art is a genre
unto itself. Everyone loves the Blue Note covers and they were about sexy
cool.  That was all about selling.  To me it's the whole package that makes
this so much fun.