[JPL] Dobbin's Den # 711 - Jan. 11, 2009

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 9 13:06:56 EST 2009

BACKGROUND TO EDITION 711
Today we present a complete Lennie Tristano date from 60 years ago today, Lee Konitz, Ted Brown, Bill Evans, Jimmy Cobb and a live version of "So What" from 1960 in Holland.
DOBBIN'S DEN [#711]

Produced and hosted by Len Dobbin
11am - 1pm   CKUT 90.3 fm
www.ckut.ca    [And archived at that address]
Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
January 11, 2009

PEOPLE LIKE US

EVER WONDER WHY [RIDE]

Frank Strozier

DJANGO REINHARDT

SOUVENIRS [LONDON]

Louise

FATS WALLER

HANDFUL OF KEYS [PROPER BOX]

Lulu's Back In Town

THELONIOUS MONK

STRAIGHT, NO CHASER [COLUMBIA]

Lulu's Back In Town

BILL EVANS

FURTHER CONVERSATIONS WITH MYSELF [VERVE]

Little Lulu

LENNIE TRISTANO

SUBCONSCIOUS-LEE [PRESTIGE]   Jan. 11 / 49

Progression

Tautology

Retrospection

Subconscious-Lee

Judy

FRANCOIS THEBERGE - LEE KONITZ

SOLILOQUE [EFFENDI]

*Lips

LEE KONITZ - TED BROWN

DIG-IT [STEEPLECHASE]

Hi-Beck

MILES DAVIS

50TH ANNIVERSARY "KIND OF BLUE" [COLUMBIA]

So What (Holland - 1960)

JIMMY COBB - GENERATIONS

TOUGH GUYS [INT. CENTER FOR THE ARTS]

W. K.

GENE DiNOVI GENERATIONS TRIO

THREE OPTIMISTS AT THE OLD MILL [SACKVILLE]

*I Got Rhythm plus contrafacts

DIANA PANTON

IF THE MOON TURNS GREEN [PANTON]

*Moon and Sand

STEPHANIE LALIBERTE

STEPHANIE LALIBERTE [ELEPHANT]

*The Way You Look Tonight

SHEILA JORDAN

WINTER SUNRISE [JUSTIN TIME]

All Gods' Chillin' / Little Willie Leaps

MARCUS GOLDHABER

TAKE ME ANYWHERE [FALLEN APPLE]

You're Beautiful, You Know That

BARBARA COOK

ALL I ASK OF YOU [DRG]

I Wonder What Became of Me

CANADIAN CONTENT *  4 of 20

LEN DOBBIN

271 EMPIRE STREET

GREENFIELD PARK, QUEBEC

J4V 1V1

CANADA

(Please note that:

MATERIAL MEANT FOR THE DOROTHEE BERRYMAN SHOWS ON ESPACE MUSIQUE CAN BE SENT TO THE SAME ADDRESS, AS I'M HER RESEARCHER.)