[JPL] Response to Elias/Monheit packaging discussion

Jaythomasjazz at aol.com Jaythomasjazz at aol.com
Fri Jan 9 22:32:06 EST 2009

As far as I can see it's always been the same. when I was first buying
records I was going for the music even in spite of blatant " lizard brain sex
bait" covers.
No biggie....
I remember when my friend Larry fuller did a CD for a Japanese label with
Ray Brown....it was called Naked Walker or something like that ...it was a
scream really....a naked lady walking... shot from the rear. She had panty hose
on maybe...   hmmmm
Let's face it sex sells....is it good for "art"? ...   probably not but as
long as everything is a for profit deal....that's  the biz!!
the sad thing is the fleeting nature of that kind of thing....they would  not
be able to do that with so many great singers because they age!

In a message dated 1/9/2009 6:59:47 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
tomthejazzman at embarqmail.com writes:

Oh, and  BH will be happy with male participation.  Ha.

Jae Sinnett  wrote:
> What got the folks talking? Unfortunately, it wasn't the music.  Streak the
Grammy Awards Scott and then release a CD. Make sure to get a photo  of you
in the buff running across the set and use that as the CD cover. There  ya go.
They'll certainly be talking about the CD. A weak attempt at humor  there but
you get the point.