[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Jan 10,2009

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 11 15:54:09 EST 2009

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Jan 10,2009

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up…

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950’s to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country’s greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Jan 10, 2009

Hour 1

VITALY GOLOVNEV - "Pretty Far" - To Whom It May Concern - (Tippin)

CHRIS WALDEN BIG BAND - "Try Harder" - No Bounds - (Origin)

CY TOUFF/SANDY MOSSE - "Alone Together" - Tickle Toe - (Delmark)

BILL HOLMAN BAND - "Woodrow" - Live - (Jazzed Media)

PAMELA HINES TRIO - "Return" - Return - (Spice Rack)

FREDDIE HUBBARD - "Hubtones" - Hubtones - (Blue Note)

Hour 2

SHAREL CASSITY - "Just For You" - Just For You - (indep)

STAN BOCK ENSEMBLE - "A Night In Tunisia" - Your Check's In the Mail - (Origin)

HORACE SILVER - "Filthy McNasty" - Retrospective - (Blue Note)

RICK SIMERLY - "Stablemates" - Obscurity - (Double Time)

CHIP SHELTON AND PEACETIME - "Recordame" - Imbued With Memories - (Summit)

LARRY GELB - "The World Of A Dream" - America Is Free - (indep)

DAN CAVANAUGH JAZZ EMPORIUM BIG BAND - "Tunnel Vision" - Pulse - (Origin)

JON BURR BAND W/TY STEPHENS - "Been Here All Along" - Just Can't Wait - (indep)

Hour 3

JIM PEARCE - "Debbie Marie" - Never Open With a Ballad - (Oak Ave)

DIANNE REEVES - "Once I Loved" - When You Know - (Blue Note)

JAMIE DAVIS - "My Kinda Love" - It's a Good Thing - (indep)

TAKE 6 - "Sweet Georgia Brown" - The Standard - (Heads Up)

MARLENE VERPLANCK - "Once There Was a Moon" - Once There Was a Moon - (Audiophile)

RAY BROWN JR W/JANE MONHEIT - "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" - Friends and Family - (SRI Jazz)

SUPERSAX AND L.A.VOICES - "April In Paris" - Best Of - (indep)

DIANE HOFFMAN - "Close Enough For Love" - My Little French Dancer - (indep)

CAROLYN LEE JONES - "Sunshine Morning" - Bon Appetit - (indep)

JULIE LONDON - "I'm In the Mood For Love" - Julie Is Her Name - (EMI)
JIM SHEARER/CHARLIE WOOD - "Well You Needn't" - The Memphis Hang - (Summit)

JIM MALLOY - "Who She Do" - Jazz Vocalist - (indep)

Hour 4

VITALY GOLOVNEV - "To Whom It May Concern" - To Whom It May Concern - (Tippin)

MONTY ALEXANDER - "Blue Rhapsody" - Impressions in Blue - (Telarc)

TAYLOR/FIDYK BIG BAND - "My Cherie Amour" - Live at Blues Alley - (Origin)

KEN AND HARRY WATTERS - "In a Sentimental Mood" - Brothers - (Summit)

BILLY TAYLOR/GERRY MULLIGAN - "Line for Lyons" - Live at MCG - (MCG)

DAVID SILLS - "Salsipuedes" - Green - (Origin)

ERIC ALEXANDER - "Soft Winds" - Alexander the Great - (Highnote)

HOWARD ALDEN/GEORGE VAN EPS - "Stompin At the Savoy" - Concord 30th - (Concord)

Hour 5

SHAREL CASSITY - "Roditi's Dream" - Just For You - (indep)

ROY HARGROVE - "I'm Not So Sure" - Earfood - (Emarcy)

MONTY ALEXANDER - "Jumpin At Capitol" - Impressions in Blue - (Telarc)

KLOBAS/KESECKER ENSEMBLE - "Along Came Betty" - No Gravity - (indep)

RODNEY JONES - "Soul Eyes" - Soul Manifesto - (Blue Note)

DON BRADEN - "Through the Fire" - The New Hang - (Highnote)

RONI BEN-HUR - "Blues In the Night" - Signature - (Reservoir)

MONIKA HERZIG ACOUSTIC PROJECT - "Groovin High" - What Have You Gone and Done - (Acme)

Hour 6

KENNY CARR - "Tempo Tantrum" - Changing Tide - (indep)

GENE LUDWIG - "Pete Kelly's Blues" - Hands On - (Blues Leaf)

PETER MARTIN - "Au Privave" - WWOZ on CD - (indep)

SONNY ROLLINS - "Decision" - Best Of - (Blue Note)

RAMONA BORTHWICK - "Garbarero" - A New Leaf - (Whaling City Sound)

TOM TALLITCH - "La Tortuga" - Medicine Man - (Origin)

MICHAEL'S JAZZ QUINTET - "Three Halves" - Woody n' You - (indep)

JOAN CARTWRIGHT - "Round Midnight" - Feeling Good - (indep)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host – "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM