[JPL] Rodney Whitaker Visits The Vinyl Side of Midnight

MICHAEL P STRATTON dreamtrane at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 11 18:12:33 EST 2009

Vinyl Side of Midnight 2009

This is the playlist for this week’s Vinyl Side of Midnight, which can be heard on 89.7 FM WLNZ in the Greater Lansing area, or you can tune in internationally on the web on www.wlnz.org  - hosted by Mike Stratton, Sunday nights, 9- midnight, Eastern Standard Time
Feel free to forward this to friends.
If you’ve received this and would like to be removed from the list simply contact me at dreamtrane at sbcglobal.net
You can use that same address for promotional information.
For more information, visit www.mikestratton.com

1/11/09

RODNEY WHITAKER

This week we’re visited by Professor of Jazz Rodney Whitaker. He’s the head of Jazz Studies at Michigan State University, one of the great bass players in the history of the music and a fascinating conversationalist. I’ll bring in a stack of classics and I’m sure he will too. We’ll talk about the annual commemorative concert celebrating the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr., featuring Jazz Orchestra I, Vocal Jazz Ensemble I, and Gospel Choir. There are two performances, Sunday, January 18, 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. at the Pasant Theater at the Wharton Center in East Lansing. The concerts are FREE, but you must have a ticket. So plan ahead. And listen tonight.