[JPL] PLAYLIST: Bright Moments KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 91.3 FM www.kbcs.fm 01-12-09

Bill Barton seekandlisten at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 22:32:39 EST 2009

For some unknown reason this didn't seem to make it through to the list when
I posted it (or I should say attempted to post it.)  Here 'tis:

Bright Moments

with Bill Barton

Monday, January 12, 2009

0000-0200

KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 91.3 FM

*www.kbcs.fm*

 Rahsaan Roland Kirk – Bright Moments (talk & song) – Rhino/Atlantic

(N) Benny Golson – Verdi's Voice – New Time, New 'Tet – Concord

Jim Knapp Orchestra – Nanna's Lied – Secular Breathing – Origin

 (NW) Hadley Caliman – If – Gratitude – Origin

(N) Mark Masters Ensemble – Dewey's Tune – Farewell Walter Dewey Redman –
Capri

(N) Revolutionary Snake Ensemble – Chippie – Forked Tongue – Cuneiform

 Cal Massey – These Are Soulful Days – Blues to Coltrane – Candid

(NW) Hadley Caliman – I Love You – Projecting – Catalyst

 (N) Lafayette Gilchrist – Uncrowned – Soul Progressin' - Hyena

Chico Freeman – Ascent – The Outside Within – India Navigation

 Jane Ira Bloom – Mental Weather – Mental Weather – Outline

Maria Schneider Orchestra (Ingrid Jensen - soloist) – The Pretty Road –
artistShare

 (NW) Hadley Caliman – Presenting Mr. Jones – Celebration – Catalyst

(N) Francisco Mela – Benes – Cirio – Half Note

 (N) = new release

(NW) = Pacific Northwest artist

Birthday anniversary salutes to Hadley Caliman, Jane Ira Bloom, Ingrid
Jensen & Cal Massey.

And a quick comment regarding the continuing Elias/Monheit discussion:

I don't have a copy of the Eliane Elias disc to check out but I do have the
Jane Monheit in hand.  I really don't see what all the fuss is about.
They're head-shots for goodness sakes!  Granted, the bed on the back may be
a tad suggestive, but perhaps it's in the mind of the viewer.  Could just as
well be meant to infer that the music is "relaxing" rather than "sexy."