[JPL] Playlist software

Let's Cool One letscoolone at grandecom.net
Tue Jan 13 14:34:56 EST 2009

I'm curious to know how other programmers create their playlists.  Are some
of you required to load tracks into an automated on-air system before play?
Does just typing them up meet the reporting requirements of internet
streaming?

My community station is not yet streaming on the internet.  We have an
automated on-air system, but I still spin directly from discs.  I type my
playlists and upload them to my website (using vi and ruby, for fellow
bit-heads).  This works fine for me, but I'm always looking for an easier
way.

I'd like to know what's working well out there and what's not.

Thanks,
Greg Rickard
"Let's Cool One"
KAZI-FM 88.7 Austin, TX