[JPL] WWSP playlist week of 1/11/09

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 15:23:12 EST 2009

WWSP  JAZZ / WORLD / PLUS    Report for week of 1/11/09
WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 Watts

Russ Haines
Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.

4 or more spins

6 Arild Andersen – Live At Belleville – ECM
5 Billet-Deux – Deux – Self Produced
5 Todd Coolman – Perfect Strangers – Artist Share
8 Gene Ess – Modes Of Limited Transcendence – Simp Records
7 Marcus Goldhaber – Take Me Anywhere – Fallen Apple
5 John Harden Project – Just Say So – Self Produced
8 Ken Hatfield & Friends – To Be Continued… - m/pub
7 Julia Hulsmann Trio – The End Of A Summer – ECM
7 Laika – Misery – blujazz/Plus Loin
8 David ‘Fathead’ Newman – Diamondhead – HighNote
8 Florin Niculescu – Pl;ays Stephane Grappelli – blujazz/Plus Loin
8 Greg Reitan – Some Other Time – Sunnyside
5 Revolutionary Snake Ensemble – Forked Tongue – Cuneiform
6 Joani Taylor – In My Own Voice – West Coast Records
6 Amanda Tosoff – Wait And See – Cellar Live
5 Marlene VerPlanck – Once There Was A Moon – Audiophile Records

2 – 3 spins (None this week)

JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 1/11/09

Blue Note 7 – Mosaic – Blue Note
Chicago Jazz Philharmonic – Collective Creativity – 3sixteen Records
Clayton Brothers – Brother To Brother – ArtistShare
Rebecca Cline & Hilary Noble – Enclave Diaspora – Enclave Jazz
Eliane Elias – Bossa Nova Stories – Blue Note
Benny Golson – new time, new ‘tet – Concord
Danny Green – With You In Mind – Alante
Steve Herberman Trio – Ideals – Reach Music
Mike Holober & The Gotham Jazz Orch. – Quake – Sunnyside
Ray Levier – Ray’s Way – Origin
Vince Mendoza – Blauklang – ACT
Miami Saxophone Quartet – Fourtified – Fourtitude Records
Jane Monheit – The Lovers, The Dreamers and Me – Concord
Liam Sillery – Outskirts – OA2
Martial Solal – I Can’t Give You Anything But Love – Cam Jazz
Nancy Stearns – This Moment – CPW
Baron Tymas – Insight At Midnight – Tymas Music

*** = Add this week        W = WORLD

W 7 Bajofundo – Mardulce – Decca
W 8 Ablaye Cissko/Volker Goetze – Sira – Obliqsound
W 7 Mofongo – Tumbao – AGO
*** Novalima – Coba Coba - Cumbancha
W 8 Omara Portuondo – Gracias – World Village

PLUS = Music that fits multiple formats at WWSP

8 Michel Benita/Manu Codja – Ramblin’ Nocturne/Plus Loin
*** Darunam/Milan – The Last Angel On Earth – 64-56 media
7 Ann Licater – Following The Call – Cul De Sac Mystic
8 Alan Pasqua – The Antisocial Club – Cryptogramophone

THE NEXT ADD DATE FOR WWSP is 1/18/08.  I will have space for 15 Jazz discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up with the quantity of quality music that we receive.
Thanks for your support of WWSP  90fm.  Russ
Russell HainesJazz/World Music DirectorWWSP 90fm1608 Reserve StreetStevens Point, WI. 54481