[JPL] How I Lost Most of My Music Collection ? BIGGEST collection?

Jazz Promo Services jazzpromo at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 13 17:14:58 EST 2009

We¹re kindred spirits Arturo...Although my vinyl collection exceeded 50K
back in the 80s now sold, but still Œcollecting¹...

If anyone knows Dan Sero he has huge vinyl collection way over 50K...he¹s
now retired living in Fl someplace...I¹d run into him occasionally when he
lived in NYC...He was listening to his collection in alphabetical
order...last time I saw him he was up to Lightin¹ Hopkins and that was in
the 80s...

Also big vinyl collector was Jim Newman who owned Beehive Records...Believe
he donated his collection to his Alma Mater...

Jim Eigo

Sponsored by: JazzWeek Summit 2009
              http://summit.jazzweek.com/

-----

onthebeach at aol.com wrote:
Sponsored by: JazzWeek Summit 2009
              http://summit.jazzweek.com/

-----

 i'm thinking arturo may win the crown!  anyone care to weigh in north of
50K
pieces?
ive had about that many pass through my hands over the years but have honed
it down to a very manageable 5-6 K (although about 9500 albums in digital
library)
ricky schultz

Arturo's description of his collection reminds me of my collection. The
largest bedroom in my house was originally the record/cd library. I
outgrew that room long time ago. Every room on the first floor except
the kitchen and the bathroom has CDs. I am at the point where I either
need to put an addition on my house or move. It's been years but when I
was an apartment dweller, the size of my collection caused me to move
several times.

Eric Jackson
Mon - Thurs 8 pm - mid.
89.7 FM WGBH Boston