[JPL] Who is Yuri Bashnet and Igor Butman?

Tom Marcello tom at joelocke.com
Tue Jan 13 19:57:05 EST 2009

Bobby,

  Joe Locke has recorded twice with Igor Butman ( "Hellish Mixture" from
1996 and recorded in Russia and "Nostalgia", recorded in NYC from 1997),
both on Russian labels. Igor comes to New York to play at least once a
year, most recently at Dizzy's. I believe that Joe has done five tours
of Russia with Igor in the past and we were just asked the other day to
have Joe play a concert for him as a soloist with Butman's big band as
part of "Igor Butman Presents" produced with the Moscow International
Performing Arts Centre.

 Igor has been called "the Wynton Marsalis of Russia" for good reasons.
The jazz world in Russia revolves around Mr. Butman.

Best,

Tom

Tom Marcello
Manager / Joe Locke