[JPL] Anyone own the rare LP: Richie Cole's Trenton Makes, The World Takes ?

Doug Crane dcrane at comcast.net
Tue Jan 13 21:54:00 EST 2009

I remember hearing this LP back in the 1970's on
Harry Abraham's "The Best of All Possible Worlds"
on WHAM-AM Rochester.  At the time I thought it
was a great recording.  I still regret NOT buying
it when I saw it back then at a Peaches store in Columbus.

Reuben Brown and his trio recorded a date for
Adelphi around the same time called
"Starburst".  It features some pretty good
sounding Richie Cole too.  That LP I do own.

Richie's take on West Side Story from the mid
1990's (MusicMasters) is a pretty good effort as well.

Len, considering some of the personal drama and
trauma in Richie's life, I think it's a cheap
shot on your part to be so dismissive of Richie's
talent.  On second thought, it's just a cheap shot period!

Clearly not out to win friends and neighbors,

Doug Crane
dcrane at comcast.net
KUVO Denver 89.3 FM
Hosting Wednesday evening jazz from 7-9 PM since 1993