[JPL] Playlist: Jazz with Don Gordon - KIPO - Honolulu - 1/13/09

Terry Coen terry.palmetto at thorn.net
Wed Jan 14 06:12:01 EST 2009

Hey Don,
Javon Jackson jumps 5 to 3* on Jazz Week chart!

Thanks for your airplay.
By the way, Buddy Montgomery used to be the house pianist at the
Parker-Meridien Hotel in NYC back in the mid-eighties when I used to
hang out in the cocktail lounge waiting for Ozzy Osbourne to show up
for rock radio interviews. Always a refreshing diversion to listen to
Buddy play while i sat with Ozzy knocking down cognacs before we
braved the winter winds and heavy traffic of New York en route to WNEW-
FM. Hope that you are doing well.
TC

> Sponsored by: JazzWeek Summit 2009
>               http://summit.jazzweek.com/
>
> -----
>
>    Jazz with Don Gordon
> KIPO - Honolulu - Tuesday January 13, 2009
> 8:00pm - Midnight
> Please direct CD's for airplay consideration to:
> Don Gordon
> KIPO
> 738 Keheka Street
> Honolulu, HI 96814
> www.dongordon.net
>
> 8:00pm
> Wayne Bergeron - You Call This A Living? - Friend Like Me - (Wag
Wecords)
> *Hendrik Meurkens - Samba To Go! - April In Odessa - (Zoho)
> *Eliane Elias - Bossa Nova Stories - Day By Day - (Blue Note)
> *Toninho Horta - To Jobim With Love - Portrait In Black And White -
(Resonance)
> Carl Fontana - Nice 'n' Easy - It Could Happen To You - (TNC)
> Manfredo Fest - Just Jobim - Girl From Ipanema - (dmp)
> *Christian Jacob - Live In Japan - At Last - (Wilder Jazz)
> *Joe Magnarelli - Persistence - Ballad For Barretto - (Reservoir)
> *Bob Mover - It Amazes Me. - I Believe In You - (Zoho)
> 9:00pm
> Mike Longo - Explosion - Frisco - (CAP)
> Joe Sample - Ashes To Ashes - Phoenix - (Warner Bros.)
> *Generations - Tough Guys - Just One Of Those Things - (ica)
> *Chet Baker - Chet In Chicago - Old Devil Moon - (Enja)
> *Javon Jackson - Once Upon A Melody - Will You Still Be Mine -
(Palmetto)
> *Steve Davis - Outlook - Mission - (Positone)
> Benny Green /Russell Malone - Jazz At The Bistro - The Intimacy Of
The Blues - (Telarc)
> 10:00pm
> Herbie Hancock - The Essential - Chameleon - (Legacy)
> New York Voices - A Day Like This - The World Keeps You Waiting -
(MCG)
> The Great Jazz Trio - Someday My Prince Will Come - The Shadow Of
Your Smile - (Eighty-Eights)
> Joe Gilman - View So Tender: Wonder Revisited #1 - I Wish - (Capri)
> Stéphane Grappelli - Timeless - You Are The Sunshine Of My Life -
(Savoy)
> Shirley Horn - Close Enough For Love - Once I Loved - (Verve)
> Freddy Cole - Live At Birdland West - I Almost Lost My Mind - (Laser
Light)