[JPL] Parker Meridien

Tetrachord Music sftreat1 at pacbell.net
Wed Jan 14 11:42:02 EST 2009

Hey Terry,

West Coast-based Larry Vuckovich was the other regular pianist at the Parker
Meridien with Buddy Montgomery during Larry's five years on the New York
scene in the late '80s.  As you know, it was a lovely setting to hear some
fine jazz and American Songbook standards.  Larry not only played solo, but
presented trios with the likes of Milt Hinton , Vernell Fournier, Ben Riley,
Bob Cranshaw, and Earl May.  Imagine our surprise when we returned to New
York in October '07 for a tour, after a long hiatus, to find the elegant
lounge replaced by an upscale hamburger joint.  We were sad to see this
four-star deluxe hotel had abandoned its high quality, sophisticated music
for something appealing more to the mass taste (pun intended).  Kind of like
what's happened in jazz.

Sanna

Larry Vuckovich / Sanna Craig
Tetrachord Music