[JPL] Record collection, size comparisons

Arturo Gomez arturo at kuvo.org
Wed Jan 14 12:52:11 EST 2009

My record collection pales in comparisons to the larger collections. I know
of one collector, in fact the person who  in the mid-1980s that for better
or worse brought me to public radio, he has over 50,000  45RPM records
alone, not including his LPs, 78s and now CDs.  I once visited the home of
Dr Demento who had about 250,000 records strewn all over his house and this
was in the mid-80s before CDs

My number appears larger than it is because of the tonnage of 45s I have.
During my 13 years in Miami I not only owned my own record shop for 2 years
, I also worked in other retail shops and distributors part time while being
MD at WDNA. Before I began my second career in public radio in the mid-1980s
at the then KLON, now KKJZ, I was collecting music since I was a 11 or 12 in
the early 1960s, music has always been a passion of mine. I never dreamt I
would some day make my livelihood in music

Arturo Gómez
Music Director, jazz89 KUVO
The Oasis In The City
Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station