[JPL] jazz suites

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 13:14:37 EST 2009

Hans...three that come to mind... even though the titles aren't listed as "suites" but they are structured compositionally as suites...are Kenny Wheeler's "Double Double You" ECM release. There's a piece called "Three For Doreen/Blue For Lou" and one other movement but it's all composed together and runs about 23 minutes. Bill Evans "Symbiosis" and the "Images" release by Phil Woods. I also just remembered Maria Schneider doing one but I can't remember the name of the recording off the top of my head at the moment. It wasn't her last one but either the one before or the one before that.

Jae Sinnett