[JPL] jazz suites

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 13:52:11 EST 2009

A few more that just came to mind...On Rob McConnell's Boss Brass recording "Brassy and Sassy," there is a track called the "Blue Surge Suite." Very nice. On McCoy Tyner's "13th House" there is something called "The Short Suite." You mentioned the "Far East" and Eric mentioned other Ellinton suites but another Duke Suite that I dig much is "The Afro Eurasian Eclipse"...which is a suite written in eight parts.

Jae Sinnett