[JPL] jazz suites

Jackson, Bobby Bobby.Jackson at ideastream.org
Wed Jan 14 15:55:45 EST 2009

I've just spoken to Lenny White recently so these musicians are on my
mind....

Stanley Clarke's "Life Suite" from his first Nemperor recording "Stanley
Clarke"  also his "Concerto For Jazz/Rock Orchestra" from "Journey To
Love" is a monster!

Chick Corea's "Spanish Fantasy" and "El Bozo" suites from his 1976
Polydor recording "My Spanish Heart."

Lenny White's "Venusian Summer Suite" from Venusian Summer and his
"Enchanted Pool Suite" from Big City.

Keith Jarrett's "Survivor's Suite"

Toshiko Akiyoshi's "Minimata" and her suite "Hiroshima: Rising From The
Abyss"

Dr. Anthony Brown's rendition of Duke Ellington's "Far East Suite" is
exceptional.

Bobby Jackson
WCPN-FM