[JPL] Playlist WCVE Wednesday January 14

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Jan 14 21:54:36 EST 2009

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday January 14, 2008.doc

7:55 (Jefferey Clayton) The Jones Brothers  - Brother to Brother – Clayton
Bros. - Artist Share – AS 0085

8:01 NPR News

(Tadd Dameron, Dizzy Gillespie) Stay on It – Sophisticated Swing:
Cannonball Adderly: The EmArcy Small Group Sessions – Verve – 314 528
408-2

(Baden Powell & Vinicius de Moraes) Canto de Ossanha – Lua E Sol – Mark
Weinstein – Jazzheads – JH 1166

(Heyman, Green, Sour Eyton) Body and Soul – Tangible Reality – Ofer Assaf
– Summit Records – DCD 508

(Monk) Criss Cross – Mosaic – The Blue Note 7 – Blue Note – 50999 2 28123
2 2

(Jerome Kern, Herbert Reynolds) They Didn’t Believe Me - Oscar Peterson
Trio + One – Clark Terry – Verve – 314 558 075-2

(Cal Tjader) Curacao – Ultimate Cal Tjader – Cal Tjader - Verve – 314 559
702-2

(Davis, Ramirez, Sherman) Lover Man – I Can’t Give You Anything But Love –
Martial Solal Live at the Village Vanguard – Camjazz – 5030

(Dave Brubeck) It’s a Raggy Waltz – The Essential Dave Brubeck –
Columbia/Legacy – C2K 86993

9:01 NPR News

(Waller,Razaf) Honeysuckle Rose – Bunny Berigan: The Key Sessions
1931-1937 - JSP Records – 917 C

(Benny Carter) Once upon a Time – The Noble Art of Teddy Wilson – Living
Era – Teddy Wilson – CD-AJA 5450

(Palmer, Williams) Everybody Loves My Baby – Ain’t Misbehavin’ – Fats
Waller – Living era – CD AJA 5174

(Alfred, Fisher) Destination Moon – Jazz Profile: Dinah Washington – Blue
Note – CDP 7243 8 54907 2 9

(Jimmy Van Hesuen, Johnny Burke) Swinging on a Star – The Oscar Peterson
Trio at the Stratford Shakespearean Festival – Verve – 314 513 752-2

(Fisher, Segal) When Sunny Gets Blue – Unsung Hero – Charlie Rouse – Epic
– EK 46181

(Ellington) Rocks in My Bed / (George, Ellington) I Ain’t Got Nothin’ But
the Blues – Dearest Duke  - Carol Sloane with Ken Peplowski and Brad
Hatfield – Arbors Jazz – ARCD 19350

(Jonathan Kreisberg) Peru – Unearth – Jonathan Kreisberg – Mel Bay Records
– 09812CD

(Pacquito D’Rivera) Wapango – Fourtified – Miami Saxophone Quartet –
Fourtitude Records – FR004

(Wayne Shorter) Footprints – Miles Smiles – Miles Davis – Columbia/Legacy
– CK 65682

(Hubbell, Golden) Poor Butterfly – Sarah Vaughan Sings Broadway –
Mercury/Verve – 314 526 464-2