[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Thursday January 15

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Jan 15 21:51:57 EST 2009

WCVE-FM Jazz Thursday January 15, 2008

(Mulligan) Rocker / (Raye, DePaul) I’ll remember April / (Gershwin) Lady
Be Good – The Complete Pacific Jazz and Capitol Recordings of the Original
Gerry Mulligan Quartet and Tentette wth Chet Baker – Mosaic - 102 Disc III

(Joe Sample) Freedom Sound – Freedom Sound – Poncho Sanchez Featuring
Wayne Henderson and Wilton Felder of the Jazz Crusaders – Cncord Picante –
CCD 478-2

(Benny Golson) Step Lightly – Clifford Brown and Max Roach at Basin Street
– EmArcy – 814 648-2

(Mingus) Jelly Roll – Mingus Ah Um – Charles Mingus – Columbia – CK 40648

(Horace Silver) The Outlaw – Mosaic – The Blue Note 7 – Blue Note – 50999
2 28123 2 2

(Danny Green) Para Chano – With You in Mind – Danny Green – Alante
Recordings – AR-0614

(Grappelli) Tournesol – Florin Nicolescu Plays Stephane Grappelli –
Blujazz – BJF01

(Dixon, Henderson) Bye By Blackbird – Round about Midnight – Miles Davis
=- Columbia – CK 40610

8:00 NPR Special Coverage

8:15 PM

((Heath) The Thumper – The Thumper – Jimmy Heath – Riverside –
OJCCD-1828-2

(Joe Ricardel, Redd Evans) The Frim Fram Sauce – Ella & Friends – Ella
Fitzgerald – Decca Jazz – GRD-4-648

(Hirsh, Harbach) Love Nest – The Complete Capitol Recordings of the Nat
King Cole Trio – Mosaic – 138 Disc XI

(Oliver, Young) T’ain’t What You Do – Rhythm Is Our Business – Jimmie
Lunceford – ASV/Living Era – CD

(Lobo, Guarnieri) Upa Negrinho – Lua e Sol – Mark Weinstein – Jazzheads –
JH 1166

(Jobim, Newton, Mendonca) Desafinado – Bossa Nova Stories – Eliane Elias –
Blue Note – 50999 2 28103 2 8

(Erica Seguine) C Minor Waltz – Perfect Strangers – Todd Coolman – Artist
Share – 0084

(Phineas Newborn) Sugar Ray – We Three – Roy Haynes, Phineas Newborn, Paul
Chambers – Prestige/New Jazz – OJCCD-196-2

(Billy Moll, Murray Mencher) I Want a Little Girl / (Lowman Pauling) Tell
the Tuth - Ray Charles: The Birth of Soul – Atlantic – 7 82310-2

9:01 NPR News

(Monk, Hanighen, Williams) Round Midnight – I Can’t Give You Anything But
Love – Martial Solal Live at the Village

(Bill Holman) Zoot ‘n’ Al – The Bill Holman Band Live – Jazzed Media –JM
1007

(Dietz, Schwartz) By Myself – Farmer’s Market – Art Farmer – Prestige –
OJCCD-398-2

(Sammy Fain) I’ll Be Seeing You – Abbey Sings Billie – Abbey Lincoln –
Enja – R2 79633

(Tommy Turrentine) June Bug – If I Could – Stanley Turrentine – Music
Masters Jazz – 01612-61503-2

(Ray Bryant) Samba Elegante – All Mine and Yours – Ray Bryant – EmArcy –
314 510 423-2

(Sean Cronin) Shorinji Kempo – Wait and See – Amanda Tosoff – Cellar Live
Records – CL 081208

(Rodgers and Hart) It’s Easy to Remember – The Warm Moods – Ben Webster
with Johnny Richards – Discovery records – DSCD-818