[JPL] Fw: Dobbin's Den #712 January 18, 2009

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 16 13:55:54 EST 2009

BACKGROUND TO EDITION 712
Today we present a birthday salute to Canadian multi-instrumentalist / composer DON THOMPSON plus the DUTCH JAZZ ORCHESTRA saluting Mary Lou Williams.
DOBBIN'S DEN [#712]

Produced and hosted by Len Dobbin
11am - 1pm   CKUT 90.3 fm
www.ckut.ca    [And archived at that address]
Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
January 18, 2009

CHARLIE HADEN QUARTET WEST

HAUNTED HEART [VERVE]

Lennie's Pennies

CHAD LINSLEY

SLIDESHOW [CL2]

*For Alan (Broadbent)

ERIC RASMUSSEN

SCHOOL OF TRISTANO [STEEPLECHASE]

Marshmallow (Cherokee)

Lennie's Pennies

DON THOMPSON

ASK ME LATER [CBC]

*Hot Chocolate (Cherokee)

*Ask Me Later

JAZZ ANTHOLOGY [RADIO CANADA]

*Emily (Sonny Greenwich)

SONNY GREENWICH

JAZZ ANTHOLOGY [RADIO CANADA]

*When The World Was Young  (Thompson)

ED BICKERT - DON THOMPSON

AT THE GARDEN PARTY [SACKVILLE]

*What Is This Thing Called Love

DIANA PANTON

YESTERDAY PERHAPS [PANTON]

*You Hit The Spot (Don Thompson)

JANE BUNNETT

EMBRACING VOICES [BLUE NOTE]

*Egberto (Don Thompson / dedicated to Egberto Gismonti)

DAVE McMURDO

FIRE & SONG [SACKVILLE]

*Red Pepper Rose (Don Thompson / dedicated to Pepper Adams & Len Dobbin)

RENE THOMAS

GUITAR GROOVE [JAZZLAND]

*Green Street Scene (J.R. Monterose / Hod O'Brien)

MARIA SCHNEIDER

SKY BLUE [ARTIST SHARE]

Rich's Piece (feat. Rich Perry)

THE DUTCH JAZZ ORCHESTRA

THE LADY WHO SWINGS THE BAND [CHALLENGE]

Lonely Moments

Walkin' and Swingin'

Medi II

Scratchin' In The Gravel

CANADIAN CONTENT *  10 of 18

LEN DOBBIN

271 EMPIRE STREET

GREENFIELD PARK, QUEBEC

J4V 1V1

CANADA

(Please note that:

MATERIAL MEANT FOR THE DOROTHEE BERRYMAN SHOWS ON ESPACE MUSIQUE CAN BE SENT TO THE SAME ADDRESS, AS I'M HER RESEARCHER.)