[JPL] PLAYLIST JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 1/16/09

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Jan 17 08:08:16 EST 2009

JAZZ FROM STUDIO FOUR
Friday, Jan 16, 8pm–midnight, WGBH 89.7

CELEBRATING CEDAR'S 75TH: CEDAR WALTON (b. 1/17/1934)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Cedar Walton: Milestones, Underground Memories (HighNote)
Cedar Walton; Ron Carter: A Beautiful Friendship, Heart & Soul (Timeless)
Cedar Walton: I'll Let You Know, Cedar (Timeless)

8:26pm
Roy Hargrove: I'm Not So Sure (Walton), earfood (Emarcy)
David "Fathead" Newman; featuring Cedar Walton: Black (Walton), Davey Rules (HighNote)
Cedar Walton: Plexus, Seasoned Wood (HighNote)

8:48pm
J.J.Johnson; featuring Cedar Walton: Shutterbug, J.J. Inc. (Columbia)
The Jazztet; featuring Cedar Walton: Blues On Down, Blues On Down (Chess/GRP)
Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers; featuring Cedar Walton: That Old Feeling, 3 Blind Mice (Blue Note)

9:12pm
Cedar Walton; Eastern Rebellion: Theme For Ernie; Young And Foolish,
Live @ RegattaBar, Cambridge, MA 4/25/1992 (ONLY ON 89.7FM)

9:35pm
Cedar Walton: Afternoon In Paris, Manhattan Afternoon (Criss Cross)
Cedar Walton: 'Round Midnight, My Funny Valentine (Evidence)
Cedar Walton: A Flower is A Lovesome Thing, Lush Life, The Music of Billy Strayhorn (Discovery)

10:00pm
Kenny Dorham; featuring Cedar Walton: Autumn Leaves; From This Moment On,
This Is The Moment, Kenny Dorham Sings and Plays (Riverside)
Cedar Walton: Turquoise Twice; Head and Shoulders, Cedar! (Prestige)

10:24pm
Frank Morgan; featuring Cedar Walton: The Rubber Man (Walton), Easy Living (Contemporary)
Charles Lloyd; featuring Cedar Walton: Clandestine (Walton), Acoustic Masters I (Atlantic)
Phil Woods; featuring Cedar Walton; featuring Johnny Griffin: Hand in Glove (Walton), The Rev & I (Blue Note)

10:49pm
Cedar Walton; featuring Etta Jones: Don't Go To Strangers,
Three Sundays in The Seventies, Live at the Left Bank (Label M)
Milt Jackson; featuring Cedar Walton; Joe Williams; Five O'Clock in The Morning:
The Prophet Speaks, Qwest
Cedar Walton; featuring Abbey Lincoln: The Maestro, 32 Jazz
Etta James; featuring Cedar Walton: The Nearness of You, Time After Time (Private Music)

11:15pm
Cedar Walton: Blue Monterey, Roots (Astor Place)
Cedar Walton; featuring George Coleman: Bolivia, Eastern Rebellion (Impulse)
Cedar Walton: The Vision, Composer (Astor Place)

11:40pm
Cedar Walton: Li'l Darlin'; Without A Song; Blues for Myself;
Blues for Myself/Solo Piano (Red Records)

11:53pm
Cedar Walton: Hindsight, Seasoned Wood (HighNote)

Only on 89.7! performances and recordings are exclusive
WGBH Radio productions and are not commercially available.