[JPL] PLAYLIST FOR NEW ORLEANS ROOTS & MORE WITH BILL THOMSON

MRJAZZOFNO at aol.com MRJAZZOFNO at aol.com
Sun Jan 18 15:14:24 EST 2009

Fats Domino / Walking to New Orleans / Walking to New Orleans box set /
Imperial-Capitol Records
Devin Phillips and New Orleans Straight Ahead / Slow  Blues / Wade in the
Water / Devin Phillips Music
James Black / Mist / (I  Need) Altitude / Night Train International – Tuff
City Records
Bob French’s  Original Tuxedo Jazz Band / Black and Blue / 3 Generations
(featuring Kermit  Ruffins, Nicholas Payton and Kimberley Longstreth / Tuxedo
Records
Miles  Davis / Seven Steps to Heaven / Cool & Collected / Columbia-Legacy
Horace  Silver / Song For My Father / Horace Silver Retrospective / Blue Note
Hod  O’Brien / Snibor / Blues Alley – Second Set / Reservoir Music
Christian Scott  / Katrina’s Eyes / Anthem / Concord Music Group
John Scofield / Heck Of A Job  / This Meets That / Sco-Biz, Decca Label Group
Gregg Stafford & Dr.  Michael White / Bye & Bye – Saints / New Orleans /
Putumayo World  Music
Troy Andrews / Hit The Road Jack / Trombone Shorty’s Swingin’ Gate /
Louisiana Red Hot Records
The Barbecue Swingers (featuring James Andrews) /  What A Wonderful World /
Can’t Stop The Music! / WWOZ on CD, Fall 2002, Vol.18)  / Friends of WWOZ Inc. –
 Not For Sale
Preservation Hall Jazz Band / Do You  Know What it Means to Miss New Orleans
/ Our New Orleans 2005 / Nonesuch
John  Boutte / I’ll Fly Away / New Orleans Brass / Putumayo World Music
Michael  Brecker / When Can I Kiss You Again? / Pilgrimage / WA Records
Chris Potter  10 / The Arc of a Day / Song for Anyone / Sunnyside
Communications
The  Crusaders / Pessimisticism / Healing The Wounds / GRP Records
Benny Powell /  A Single Year of Remembrance / Nextep / Origin Records (2008)

MICHAEL J. GOURRIER
JAZZ DIRECTOR  WRIR-FM
P.O.OX  4787
RICHMOND, VA  23220