[JPL] Time To Re-Think How We Do Radio

s8nochaser at aol.com s8nochaser at aol.com
Sun Jan 18 22:48:06 EST 2009

 Jae,

I disagree whole heartedly.
We're in the 'entertainment business'....a business without a single commercial radio outlet (that I know of) in any major city in the USA.

The listeners are choosing to spend their time & money on this form of musical enjoyment, and making all kinds of choices in what movies they see, concerts they attend, restaurants they patronize, and what kind of cars and homes they buy, in a world with more competition for attention than ever before and more choices as well, not to mention 24 hour news and sports and seemingly countless cable and satellite options and the internet.

We present the music in a number of different ways and styles, and many of us do various forms of teaching, either outwardly, or within the fabric of our on-air styles.

I don't think I'm misunderstanding the teaching concept in a broad sense.
That said I would find it hard to believe that more teaching is some sort of answer as to helping jazz do better in the market place.

With respect;
Mike Schwartz/KSJS

?