[JPL] Blue Note 7 live up to their legacy & add their own magic !!!!!!!

jctrane at gmail.com jctrane at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 13:52:57 EST 2009

Arturo..I strongly second your recommendation that anyone who can,
SHOULD pick up on this group when they come to the listener's area.
Having not had the pleasure previously, I was blown away by Bill
Charlap...his soloing, his comping. And might I add, the non-musical
vibe added equally to the experience. All the performers took a hand
in offering spoken intros to the tunes and each seemed to thoroughly
enjoy the others' musicality. In short, this was 'a group' in the best
sense of the word. Run, don't walk, to pick up on the Blue Note 7.
    Gene Abkarian  KRFC Ft Collins