[JPL] WWSP playlist week of 1/19/09

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 22:32:43 EST 2009

 WWSP  JAZZ / WORLD / PLUS    Report for week of 1/18/09
WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 Watts

Russ Haines
Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.

4 or more spins

5 Billet-Deux – Deux – Self Produced
7 Blue Note 7 – Mosaic – Blue Note
6 Chicago Jazz Philharmonic – Collective Creativity – 3sixteen Records
7 Clayton Brothers – Brother To Brother – ArtistShare
6 Rebecca Cline & Hilary Noble – Enclave Diaspora – Enclave Jazz
5 Todd Coolman – Perfect Strangers – Artist Share
7 Eliane Elias – Bossa Nova Stories – Blue Note
8 Gene Ess – Modes Of Limited Transcendence – Simp Records
7 Marcus Goldhaber – Take Me Anywhere – Fallen Apple
8 Benny Golson – new time, new ‘tet – Concord
5 John Harden Project – Just Say So – Self Produced
8 Ken Hatfield & Friends – To Be Continued… - m/pub
6 Steve Herberman Trio – Ideals – Reach Music
6 Mike Holober & The Gotham Jazz Orch. – Quake – Sunnyside
6 Ray Levier – Ray’s Way – Origin
5 Vince Mendoza – Blauklang – ACT
8 Miami Saxophone Quartet – Fourtified – Fourtitude Records
8 Jane Monheit – The Lovers, The Dreamers and Me – Concord
8 David ‘Fathead’ Newman – Diamondhead – HighNote
8 Greg Reitan – Some Other Time – Sunnyside
5 Revolutionary Snake Ensemble – Forked Tongue – Cuneiform
7 Liam Sillery – Outskirts – OA2
8 Martial Solal – I Can’t Give You Anything But Love – Cam Jazz
4 Nancy Stearns – This Moment – CPW
6 Amanda Tosoff – Wait And See – Cellar Live
5 Marlene VerPlanck – Once There Was A Moon – Audiophile Records

2 – 3 spins

3 Danny Green – With You In Mind – Alante
3 Baron Tymas – Insight At Midnight – Tymas Music

JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 1/18/09

Ravi Coltrane – Blending Times – Savoy Jazz
Vinnie Cutro – Sakura – Royal Music Ensembles Records
Rick Frank – Yellow Mountain – Decker Creek Records
Deborah Latz – Lifeline – June Moon
Luba Mason – Krazy Love – Sunnyside
Colleen McNabb – Don’t Go To Strangers – Zucca Records
Hendrik Meurkens – Samba To Go! – zoho
Tony Monaco – Live At The Orbit Room – Chicken Coup
Margie Notte – Live At Cecil’s – Gnote Records
Mark O’connor’s Hot Swing Trio – Live In New York – Omac Records
Jaimee Paul – At Last – Green Hill
Phil Ranelin – Living A New Day – Wide Hive
Andy Scott – Don’t Tempt Fate – Self Produced
John Stetch -  tv trio – Brux records
Mark Weinstein – Lua e Sol - Jazzheads

*** = Add this week        W = WORLD

W 7 Bajofundo – Mardulce – Decca
*** Café Ole’ – Cuanto Tardare – Tika records
W 7 Mofongo – Tumbao – AGO
W 8 Novalima – Coba Coba - Cumbancha
W 8 Omara Portuondo – Gracias – World Village
*** Rokia Traore’  - Tchamantche - Nonesuch

PLUS = Music that fits multiple formats at WWSP

6 Darunam/Milan – The Last Angel On Earth – 64-56 media
*** Incognito – More Tales Remixed – Heads Up
7 Ann Licater – Following The Call – Cul De Sac Mystic
8 Alan Pasqua – The Antisocial Club – Cryptogramophone

THE NEXT ADD DATE FOR WWSP is 1/25/09.  I will have space for 15 Jazz discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up with the quantity of quality music that we receive.
Thanks for your support of WWSP  90fm.
 Russ
Russell HainesJazz/World Music DirectorWWSP 90fm1608 Reserve StreetStevens Point, WI. 54481