[JPL] WGMC JAZZ 90.1-Spectrum-MLK Playlist 1/19/08

Derrick Lucas derrick at jazz901.org
Mon Jan 19 23:20:08 EST 2009

Catch The Spectrum Sunday's From 10pm-1am (est)
www.jazz901.org

MLK Tribute 1/18-19/09

David Fathead Newman-A Change Is Gonna Come-Bigger and Better

Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers-Lift Every Voice and Sing

Donald Byrd-Cristo Redenater-A New Perspective

Louis Armstrong-We Shall Overcome-With Friends

Nikki Giovanni-Alabama Poem-Truth Is Marching On

John Coltrane-Alabama-Live at Birdland

John Coltrane-Rev. King-Cosmic Music

Anat Cohen-A Change Is Gonna Come-Notes From The Village

Staples Singers-Long Walk to D.C.-Soul Folk In Action

Grant Green-Just a Closer Walk With Thee-Feelin The Sprit

Don Pullen-New Beginnings-New Beginnings

Charles Mingus-Fables of Faubus-Mingus Ah Hum

Johnnie Taylor-I'am Somebody-One Step Beyond

Michael White-The Blessing Song-Pneuma

The Jazz Crusaders-Freedom Song-The Festival Album

Oscar Peterson-Hymn to Freedom-Night Train

McCoy Tyner-Search for Peace-The Real McCoy

Norah Jones-Peace-ep

Denis Baptiste-Free At Last-Let Freedom Ring

Max Roach f/Andy Bey-Members Don't Get Weary-Members Don't Get Weary

Bill Frisell-A Change Is Gonna Come-History,Mystery

Joe Henderson-If You're Not Part of The Solution, You're Part of The
Problem-Live at The Lighthouse

Blue Mitchell-March on Selma-Down With It

Sonny Rollins-Freedom Suite-Freedom Suite

Marvin Gaye-Wholy Holy-What's Going On

Herbie Hancock-I Have a Dream-The Prisoner

Elvin Jones-Agape Love-Polycurrents

Otis Redding- A Change Is Gonna Come-Otis Redding Sings Soul