[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Tuesday January 20

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Jan 20 22:04:01 EST 2009

Tonigth's playlist from WCVE Public radio, archived at
ideastatioms.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame St
Richmond VA 23235
804 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tueday January 20, 2008

(Raye, DePaul) Star Eyes – Plus – Cannonball Adderly – Riverside –
OJCCD-306-2

(Tal Farlow) Meteor – The Swinging Guitar of Tal Farlow – Verve – 314 559
515-2

(Mandel, Goodrum) Living without You – Beautiful Memory – Bill Henderson –
AP #1001

(Victor Young) Delilah – Ramsey Lewis Trio in Person 1960-1967 – Chess –
GRD-814

(Oscar Pettiford) Chance It – Miles Davis Volume 1 – Blue Note – 7243 5
32610 2 3

(Dollar Brand) Ubu-Suku – Duet – Archie Shepp/Sollar Brand – Denon – MJ
7008

(Fischer, Laine) I’d Give My Life – The Jazz Soul of Frankie Laine –
Reservoir – RSR CD 195

(Mark I’Connor) Gypsy Fantastic - Mark O’Connor’s Hot Swing Trio Live in
New York – OMAC Records – 9

(Vijay Iyer) Without Lions – Tragicomic – Vijay Iyer – Sunnyside –
SSC-1186

(George and Ira Gershwin) They Can’t Take That Away from me – Bossa Nova
Stories – Eliane Elias – Blue Note – 50999 2 28103 2 8

(Jacquet, Mundy) Black Velvet – Standards  - Sonny Clark – Blue Note – CDP
7243 8 21283 2 8

8:01 NPR News

(Demetrius, Moore) Ain’t That Just Like a Woman / Knock Me a Kiss – Louis
Jordan and His Tympany Five – JSP Records –

(Goodman, Hampton) Flying Home – Hamp: The Legendary Decca Recordings of
Lionel Hampton – Decca – GRD-2-652

(Illinois Jacquet) Speedliner – Flying Home: The best of the Verve Years –
Illinois Jacquet – Verve – 314 521 644-2

(Ernie Wilkins) Swingin’ at Newport – Count Basie at Newport – Verve – 833
776-2

(Monk) Ruby My Dear – Solo Monk – Thelonious Monk – Columbia/Legacy – CK
47854

(Traditional) Ocean Mother – Enclave Diaspora – Hilary Noble and Rebecca
Cline –

(Wrubel, Magidson) Gone with the Wind – Clifford Brown: The Complete Blue
Note and Pacific Jazz recordings- CDP 7243 8 34195 2 4

(Yusef Lateef) Listen to the Wind – Yusef Lateef Live at Pep’s Volume 2 –
Yusef Lateef – Impulse – 314 547 961-2

(Reggie Pace) The Centipede/Toad = Mantis Style/Student – Alive in
Richmond – No BS Brass Band – www.NOBSBRASS.com

(Latouche, Moross) Lazy Afternoon – Basra – Pete LaRoca – Blue Note – CDP
7243 8 32091 2 5

9:01 NPR News

(Michael Leonard) I’m All Smiles – Tragicomic – Vijay Iyer – Sunnyside –
SSC 1186

(Herbie Hancock) The Maze – Takin’ off – Herbie Hancock – Blue Note – CDP
7243 8 37643 2 7

(Bacri, LeGrand, Mercer, Ruault) Once upon a Sunnertime – Oh You Crazy
Moon – Chet Baker – Enja/Justin Time – JENJ-3304-2

(Jobim, de Oliveira) So Tinha de Ser Com Voce – Samba to Go! – Hendrik
Meurkens – Zoho – ZM 200901

(Rene Marie) I’d Rather Talk about You – Vertigo – Rene Marie – Maxjazz –
MXJ 114

(Jimmy Smith) Messy Bessie – Back at the Chicken Shack – Jimmy Smith –
Blue Note – CDP 7 46402 2

(Freed, Brown) Should I? – Dialogues – Kenny Davern and Ken elowski –
Arbors Jazz – ARCD 19317