[JPL] Sad News about David 'Fathead' Newman

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 14:29:31 EST 2009

I'm sorry to hear this. He was a very nice man who really knew how to tell a story with his horn. I'm glad that HighNote documented his later work.

David graciously agreed to do a Before & After with me in 2003:
http://jazztimes.com/columns_and_features/before_and_after/index.cfm?artist=11&action=about_the_artist.

Larry