[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Jan 17,2009

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 21 23:13:50 EST 2009

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Jan 17,2009

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up…

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950’s to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country’s greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Jan 17, 2009

Hour 1

DAVID SILLS - "Melon Head" - Green - (Origin)

KEN AND HARRY WATTERS - "Judy Rebecca" - Brothers II - (Summit)

SCOTT WHITFIELD JAZZ ORCH EAST - "Work Song" - Diamonds for Nat - (Summit)

TOM TALLITCH - "Medicine Man" - Medicine Man - (Origin)

JACOB VARMUS - "Country Dave Tex Mex" - All the Things We Still Can Be - (indep)

LARRY VUCKOVICH TRIO - "Ow" - High Wall - (Tetrachord)

Hour 2

GENE LUDWIG - "Unit 7" - Hands On - (Blues Leaf)

THOMAS MARRIOTT - "Summer Night" - Both Sides Of the Fence - (Origin)

PAT METHENY W/CHRISTIAN MCBRIDE AND ANTONIO SANCHEZ - "Calvin's Keys" - Day Trip - (Nonesuch)

MICHAEL'S JAZZ QUINTET - "V.C.Blues" - Woody' N You - (indep)

CHICK COREA/GARY BURTON - "Bud Powell" - The New Crystal Silence - (Concord)

BRIAN SIMPSON - "Blues for Scott" - It's All Good - (indep)

JOHN STEIN - "Green Street" - Green Street - (Whaling City Sound)

Hour 3

SARAH PARTRIDGE - "Norwegian Wood" - I'll Be Easy to Find - (indep)

TIERNEY SUTTON - "Remember Me (Recordame)" - Unsung Heroes - (Telarc)

ANNIE SELLICK W/JOEY DE FRANCESCO - "Cheek to Cheek" - No Greater Thrill - (Chalice)

SUPERSAX AND L.A.VOICES - "He Ain't Got Rhythm" - Best Of - (indep)

JAMIE DAVIS - "Alright OK You Win" - It's a Good Thing - (indep)

MARLENE VERPLANCK - "Ev'rything I Own" - Once There Was a Moon - (Audiophile)

NEW YORK VOICES - "Love You Madly" - A Day Like This - (MCG)

JIM PEARCE - "Debbie Marie" - Never Open With a Ballad - (Oak Ave)

JANE MONHEIT - "Rio De Maio" - Surrender - (Concord)

MEGAN BIRDSALL - "Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby" - Little Jazz Bird - (indep)

TERENCE BLANCHARD W/DIANA KRALL - "Let's Get Lost" - Let's Get Lost - (Sony)

Hour 4

TROY ANDREWS - "Byrdie" - The End Of the Beginning - (Treme)

WAYNE WALLACE LATIN JAZZ QUINTET - "Close Your Eyes" - Infinity - (Patois)

SCOTT WHITFIELD JAZZ ORCH EAST - "Plum Street" - Diamonds for Nat - (Summit)

STEVE TYRELL - "I've Got a Crush On You" - A New Standard - (Atlantic)

LINDA RONSTADT - "Miss Otis Regrets" - Jazz Vocalists Hear and Now - (Concord)

PETE ZIMMER QUARTET - "From This Moment On" - Chillin Live at the Jazz Factory - (Tippin)

DAYNA STEPHENS - "Smoking Gun" - The Timeless Now - (indep)

SQUAT - "Rickshaw" - Squat - (indep)

Hour 5

ART BLAKEY QUINTET - "Split Kick" - A Night in Tunisia Vol 1 - (Blue Note)

OSCAR PETERSON TRIO - "Kadola's Blues" - The Sound of the Trio - (Verve)

HORACE SILVER - "Filthy McNasty" - Retrospective - (Blue Note)

JIMMY SMITH - "Confirmation" - The Sermon - (Blue Note)

RAY BROWN - MONTY ALEXANDER - RUSSELL MALONE - "Just Can't See For Looking" - same - (Telarc)

Hour 6

SOUTH FLORIDA JAZZ ORCH - "And the Basses are Loaded" - self titled - (Summit)

RICK SIMERLY - "Tequila Mockingbird" - Obscurity - (Double Time)

BILL EVANS TRIO - "Tenderly" - Everybody Digs Bill Evans - (Riverside)

KLOBAS/KESECHER ENSEMBLE - "Along Came Betty" - No Gravity - (indep)

PETER MARTIN - "Au Privave" - WWOZ on CD - (indep)

JOHN COLTRANE/PAUL QUINICHETTE - "Cattin" - Prestige Sessions - (Prestige)

CNY JAZZ ORCH - "Eighty One" - Then Now and Again - (indep)

BOB SHAW - "Round Midnight" - Musin - (Varga Sound)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host – "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM