[JPL] PLAYLIST-David Fathead Newman, Maria Schneider Orch. & Jazz For Wednesday January 21, 2009 with George Thomas

George Thomas jazz at vpr.net
Wed Jan 21 22:04:09 EST 2009

David Fathead Newman, Maria Schneider Orch. & Jazz For Wednesday January
21, 2009 with George Thomas

Playlist

08:01 PM
Skylark
Artist Name 	David Fathead Newman
Composer 	Hoagy Carmichael-Johnny Mercer
Soloists 	David Fathead Newman-Tenor Sax ; Curtis Fuller-Trombone ; Cedar
Walton-Piano ; Peter Washington-Bass ; Yoron Israel-Drums
CD/Album 	Diamondhead
Record co./Cat # 	HighNote 7179
Release Year 	2008
Note 	R.I.P. David Fathead Newman- 1.20.2009

08:08 PM
Cellar Groove
Artist Name 	David Fathead Newman
Composer 	Norris Austin
Soloists 	David Fathead Newman-Tenor Sax ; Cedar Walton-Piano ; Bryan
Carrott-Vibes ; David Williams-Bass ; Kenny Washington-Drums
CD/Album 	Davey Blue
Record co./Cat # 	HighNote 7086
Release Year 	2002
Note 	R.I.P. David Fathead Newman- 1.20.2009

08:14 PM
Song For The New Man
Artist Name 	David Fathead Newman
Soloists 	David Fathead Newman-Flute ; John Hicks-Piano ; Jimmy Cobb-Drums
CD/Album 	Song For The New Man
Record co./Cat # 	HighNote 7120
Release Year 	2004
Note 	R.I.P. David Fathead Newman- 1.20.2009

08:22 PM
Ruby
Artist Name 	David Fathead Newman
Composer 	M.Parish-H. Roemheld
Soloists 	David Fathead Newman-Tenor Sax ; John Hicks-Piano ; Steve
Nelson-Vibes
CD/Album 	I Remember Brother Ray
Record co./Cat # 	HighNote 7135
Release Year 	2005
Note 	R.I.P. David Fathead Newman- 1.20.2009

08:31 PM
When Lights Are Low
Artist Name 	Dena DeRose
Composer 	Benny Carter & Spencer Williams
Soloists 	Dena DeRose-Vocals & Piano
CD/Album 	Live At Jazz Standard, Volume Two
Record co./Cat # 	MaxJazz 505
Release Year 	2008
Note 	New

08:43 PM
Aires De Lando
Artist Name 	Maria Schneider Orchestra
Composer 	Maria Schneider
Soloists 	Scott Robinson-Clarinet
CD/Album 	Sky Blue
Record co./Cat # 	ArtistShare 0065
Release Year 	2007
Note 	In Concert: 1/22/09 7:30p Flynn, Burlington VT

08:53 PM
Very Special
Artist Name 	Duke Ellington, Charles Mingus, Max Roach
Composer 	Duke Ellington
CD/Album 	Money Jungle
Record co./Cat # 	Blue Note Records 7-46398-2
Release Year 	1962
Note 	Listener Request

09:01 PM
At Last
Artist Name 	Ann Hampton Callaway
Composer 	Mack Gordon, Harry Warren
Soloists 	Ann Hampton Callaway-Vocals ; Teodross Avery-Tenor Sax
CD/Album 	At Last
Record co./Cat # 	Telarc Jazz 83665
Release Year 	2009
Note 	New

09:06 PM
Yesterdays
Artist Name 	Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band
Composer 	Jerome Kern & Otto Harbach
Soloists 	Art Tatum-Piano
CD/Album 	Act Your Age
Record co./Cat # 	Immergent 281147-2
Release Year 	2008
Note 	New

09:09 PM
Epistrophy
Artist Name 	Ravi Coltrane
Composer 	Thelonious Monk & Kenny Clarke
Soloists 	Ravi Coltrane-Tenor Sax ; Luis Perdomo-Piano ; Drew Gress-Bass ;
EJ Strickland-Drums
CD/Album 	Blending Times
Record co./Cat # 	Savoy Jazz 17744
Release Year 	2009
Note 	New

09:17 PM
The Ballad Of The Fallen/If You Want To Write Me
Artist Name 	Charlie Haden & Carla Bley
Soloists 	Carla Bley-Piano ; Charlie Haden-Bass ; Don Cherry-Pocket
Trumpet ; Dewey Redman-Tenor Sax ; Paul Motian-Drums ; Sharon
Freeman-french Horn
CD/Album 	The Ballad Of The Fallen
Record co./Cat # 	ECM 1248
Release Year 	1982
Note 	Listener Request

09:28 PM
They Can't Take That Away From Me
Artist Name 	Eliane Elias
Composer 	G & I Gershwin
Soloists 	Eliane Elias-Piano & Vocals
CD/Album 	Bossa Nova Stories
Record co./Cat # 	Blue Note Records 28103 2
Release Year 	2009
Note 	New

09:32 PM
Insomnomaniac
Artist Name 	Joshua Redman
Composer 	Joshua Redman
Soloists 	Joshua Redman-Tenor Sax ; Reuben Rogers-Bass ; Gregory
Hutchinson-Drums
CD/Album 	Compass
Record co./Cat # 	Nonesuch 510844-2
Release Year 	2009
Note 	In Concert: 1.23.09 The EGG Albany, NY

09:42 PM
Old Black Magic
Artist Name 	Bill Henderson
Composer 	Arlen, Mercer
Soloists 	Bill Henderson-Vocals
CD/Album 	Live At The Vic - Beautiful Memory
Record co./Cat # 	Ahuh Productions 1001
Release Year 	2008
Note 	New

09:50 PM
La Hijas Del Sol
Artist Name 	Gabriel Alegria
Soloists 	Gabriel Alegria-Trumpet
CD/Album 	Nuevo Mundo
Record co./Cat # 	Saponegro
Release Year 	2008
Note 	In Concert: 1.23.09 The EGG Albany, NY

Jazz In The Evening with George Thomas
Vermont Public Radio
365 Troy Ave
Colchester, VT 05446