[JPL] Motown Info

Derrick Lucas derrick at jazz901.org
Thu Jan 22 00:45:02 EST 2009

Hey Jae and The Gang

Here's the discograhpy from Motown's Black Fourm label from 1970-73 for
anyone who might be interested

The listings are from http://www.bsnpubs.com/motown/motownmisc.html

BF 451 - *Why I Oppose the War in Vietnam* - *Dr. Martin Luther King*[10/70]

BF 452 - *Free Huey* - *Stokley Carmichael* [10/70] Free Huey (22:23)//Free
Huey (23:41)

BF 453 - *Writers of the Revolution* - *Langston Hughes & Margaret
Danner*[10/70] Writers Of The Revolution (22:26)//Writers Of The
Revolution (22:46)

B 454L - *Guess Who's Coming Home* - *Black Fighting Men In Vietnam Narrated
by Wallace Terry* [2/72] Recorded Live In Vietnam (24:08)//Recorded Live In
Vietnam (23:20)

B 455L - *The Congressional Black Caucus* - *Ossie Davis & Bill
Cosby*[4/72] The Congressional Black Caucus (21:00)//The Congressional
Black
Caucus (23:10)

B 456L - *Black Spirits* - *Imanu Amiri Baraka* [4/72] Imanu Amiri Baraka is
also known as LeRoi Jones. Introduction - Imamu Amiri Baraka/Circles, Black
Is, Nigger Do You, This Little Light Of Mine, Ladybird, What's Happening To
The Heroes - Kali/A Folk Fable For My People - Johari Amini/Kitchen Chair
Poem #5 - Clarence Major/Boppin' - David Henderson/The Poet The Dreamer,
Popsicle Cold, One-Eyed Critics, Brothers The Struggle Must Go On,
Clairvoyance, One For All, Mind And Soul After Dark, Allah, Above
Karma/Notes From A Guerrilla Diary - Aski Mohammed Toure//And See Her Image
In The River, Song Of Ditla Part 2 - Original Last Poets/Pimp's Last Mack: A
Death Request - Stanley Crouch/One Thousand Nine Hundred And Sixty Eight
Winters - Jackie Earley/Hip Men - Amus Moore/Holy Days - Larry Neal/A
History Poem - Imamu Amiri Baraka

B 457L - *It's Nation Time* - *Imanu Amiri Baraka* [4/72] Kutoa Sifa/Answers
In Progress/All In The Street/Come See About Me/Peace In Place/Bad News For
Your Highness/Was Goin' Happen//Kutoa Umoja/Come Back Pharaoh/Who Will
Survive America/How Africans Got To Be Negroes/It's Nation Time/Pull The
Covers Off/Pamoja Tutashinda

BF 458L - *Elaine Brown* - *Elaine Brown* [4/73] No Time/Jonathan/Can't Go
Back/All The Young And Fine Men/Until We're Free//I Know Who You Are/Child
In The World/A Little Baby/And We Shall Meet Again Meet Again
*DISCOGRAPHY:*

The Black Forum label was a Motown spoken word label, it was active from
1970 to 1973 . The Black Forum label is blue on the left side and green on
the right side. The printing on the label is black. There are two white
circles fanning out to the top and bottom of the label from the center hole.
At the top of the label is "BLACK FORUM", below this is a "bf" in a box, "b"
is blue and "f" is green with "BLACK FORUM" below it. Promotional labels are
white with the same graphics as the regular label without the blue and
green. The album number is followed by -DJ.