[JPL] PLAYLIST - Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX 01-22-09

Jason M Miller jmmiller at my.lamar.edu
Thu Jan 22 16:13:29 EST 2009

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 12:30pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Airdate: 01-22-09

   Theme

  BREAK

David "Fathead" Newman - Fathead - House Of David (Rhino)
John Stein w/ David Newman - Our Love Will See Us Through - Green
Street (Whaling City Sound)
Jimmy Scott - I'm Getting Sentimental Over You - All The Way (Sire)

  BREAK

Ray Charles - Rockhouse Parts 1&2 - House Of David: The David "Fathead"
Newman Anthology (Rhino)

David Newman Interview rebroadcast - original airdate 02-29-08

Ray Charles - I Got A Woman - Live In Concert (ABC)

  David Newman Interview continues

David Newmman - Hard Times - Ray Charles Presents Fathead (Atlantic)

  David Newman Interview continues

David Newman - Diamondhead - Diamondhead (HighNote)

  David Newman Interview continues

David Newman - Mama Lou - Diamondhead (HighNote)

  BREAK

Brother Jack McDuff - Rock Candy - Brotherly Love (Concord)
Trio East - I Let A Song Go Out Of My Heart - Best Bets (Origin)
Upper Left Trio - Don't Let It Bring You Down - Three (Origin)
Mark O'Connor's Hot Swing Trio - Ain't Misbehavin' - Live In New York
(OMAC) [C]

  BREAK

Cedar Walton - This Guys In Love With You - Naima (32 Jazz)
Cedar Walton - Down In Brazil - Naima (32 Jazz)

  BREAK

Fiona Apple - Slow Like Honey - Tidal (Work)
Jane Monheit - I'm Glad There Is You - The Lovers, The Dreamers, And Me
(Concord) [C]

  BREAK

John Coltrane - Mr. P.c. - Atlantic Jazz Saxophones, Vol.2 (Rhino)