[JPL] The Latin, Brazilian & percussive side of Blue Note's 70th Anniversary

Paul Combs pcomb at comcast.net
Fri Jan 23 00:09:36 EST 2009

Arturo, I am glad you are going to do this programing. However, please
note that the dates issued on lp under Fats Navarro's name, listed
below, were Tadd Dameron's dates, and that Dameron conceived the
arrangements and wrote most of the tunes. I love Fat's playing, and he
certainly is a great influence on trumpeters coming after him, but
Dameron is too often cast as a sideman in these reissues, when he is the
creative force behind these recordings.

Ciao,

Paul