[JPL] JzFmS4 PLAYLIST WGBH, Boston, 1/23/2008

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Jan 24 09:29:12 EST 2009

JAZZ  FROM STUDIO FOUR
Friday, Jan 23, 8pm–midnight, WGBH 89.7

GARY BURTON @ 66(b. 1/23/1943)
R.I.P. DAVID "Fathead" NEWMAN (d. 1/20/2009)
WHAT'S NEW on COMPACT DISC

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Gary Burton: Chega de Saudade, Turn of The Century (Atlantic)
Chick Corea; Gary Burton: Sweet and Lovely, The New Crystal Silence (Concord)
Gary Burton: My Romance, Next Generation (Concord)

8:28pm
Joshua Redman: Just Like You, Compass (Nonesuch)
Claudio Roditi: Tune Up, Brazilliance X 4 (Resonance)
Bob Mover: People Will Say We're In Love, It Amazes Me (Zoho)

8:52pm
David "Fathead" Newman: Song for The New Man, Song for The New Man (HighNote)
David "Fathead" Newman: Willow Weep for Me, Keep the Spirits Singing (HighNote)
David "Fathead" Newman: Don't Let the Siun Catch You Crying, The Gift (HighNote)

9:17pm
Ann Hampton Callaway: Lazy Afternoon, At Last (Telarc)
Bill Henderson: Sleepin' Bee, Beautiful Memory (AHUH Productions)
Deborah Latz: My Favorite Things, Lifeline (June Moon)

9:42pm
Gary Burton; Makoto Ozone: Afro Blue; Move; Django,
Live at The RegattaBar, Cambridge, MA 6/7/2001
(ONLY ON 89.7FM)

10:03pm
Ray Charles; featuring David "Fathead" Newman: It Had To Be You; When Your Lover Has Gone,
The Genius of Ray Charles (Atlantic)
Jimmy Scott; featuring David "Fathead" Newman: Since I Fell For You, Moon Glow (Milestone)
Jimmy Scott; featuring David "Fathead" Newman: Day By Day, The Source (Label M)
David "Fathead" Newman: Skylark, Straight Ahead (Atlantic/32 Jazz)

10:26pm
Horace Silver: Senor Blues, Live at Newport 1958 (Blue Note)
Sonny Rollins: More Than You Know, Road Shows Volume 1 (Doxy)
Miles Davis: Bye Bye Blackbird, Broadcast Sessions 1958-59 (Acrobat Music)

10:55pm
Gary Burton; Astor Piazzola: Mi Refugio, Tango Reunion (Concord)
Gary Burton; Rebecca Parris: We Can Try Love Again, It's Another Day (GRP)
Gary Burton: Sing Me Softly of The Blues, Duster (RCA/Koch)
Gary Burton: Duke Ellington's Sound of Love, Selected Recordings (ECM)

11:21pm
Todd Coolman: Full Circle, Perfect Strangers (artistShare)
James Moody; Hank Jones: Our Delight, Our Delight (ipo Recordings)
The Blue Note 7: Idle Moments, Mosaic (Blue Note)

11:44pm
David "Fathead" Newman: These Foolish Things, Chillin' (HighNote)

11:54pm
David "Fathead" Newman: Life, Life (HighNote)

Only on 89.7 performances and recordings are exclusive
 WGBH Radio productions and are not commercially available.