[JPL] Fw: Dobbin's Den # 713 - Jan. 25, 2009

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 24 12:36:20 EST 2009

BACKGROUND TO EDITION 713
Today we present an 80th birthday salute to BENNY GOLSON and remember ANTONIO CARLOS JOBIM who shared the same birthdate - we also have a number of Sweet Georgia Brown (SGB) contrafacts.
DOBBIN'S DEN [#713]

Produced and hosted by Len Dobbin
11am - 1pm   CKUT 90.3 fm
www.ckut.ca    [And archived at that address]
Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
January 25, 2009

COLEMAN HAWKINS

HOLLYWOOD STAMPEDE

Hollywood Stampede (SGB)

OSCAR PETERSON

LIVE AT CBC STUDIOS. 1960 [JUST A MEMORY]

*Sweet Georgia Brown

MILES DAVIS

VOLUME 1 [BLUE NOTE]

Donna - aka Dig (SGB)

CLIFFORD BROWN

THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS [EmARCY]

Sweet Clifford aka Hollywood Stampede (SGB)

DON ELLIS

NEW IDEAS [PRESTIGE]

Natural H (SGB)

THELONIOUS MONK

MONK'S DREAM [COLUMBIA]

Bright Mississippi (SGB)

CANNONBALL ADDERLEY - CHARLES LLOYD

FIDDLER ON THE ROOF [CAPITOL]

Sweet Georgia Bright (SGB)

DIZZY GILLESPIE

PERCEPTIONS [VERVE]

Perceptions in 6 movements comp. by J.J. Johnson

A NIGHT IN TUNISIA [HINDSIGHT]

Whisper Not comp. by Benny Golson

COOL BREEZE [HINDSIGHT]

I Remember Clifford  comp. by Benny Golson

BENNY GOLSON

ONE DAY. FOREVER [ARKADIA]

One Day, Forever - comp by Golson (Shirley Horn)

SHIRLEY HORN

JOBIM AND FRIENDS [VERVE]

The Boy From Ipanema [Jobim]

EMILIE-CLAIRE BARLOW

TRIBUTE [RT]

*Waters of March {Jobim]

ROSA PASSOS - YO YO MA

AMOROSA [SONY]

Chega de Saudade aka No More Blues (Jobim)

ELAINE ELIAS

BOSSA NOVA STORIES [BLUE NOTE]

Chega de Saudade aka No More Blues (Jobim)

FRANK SINATRA - ANTONIO CARLOS JOBIM

FRANCIS ALBERT and ANTONIO CARLOS [REPRISE]

How Insensitive (Jobim)

CANADIAN CONTENT *  2 of 16

LEN DOBBIN

271 EMPIRE STREET

GREENFIELD PARK, QUEBEC

J4V 1V1

CANADA

(Please note that:

MATERIAL MEANT FOR THE DOROTHEE BERRYMAN SHOWS ON ESPACE MUSIQUE CAN BE SENT TO THE SAME ADDRESS, AS I'M HER RESEARCHER.)