[JPL] The US should emulate Canada in this

luis mario ochoa info at cubanmusicproductions.com
Sat Jan 24 20:04:19 EST 2009

Arturo,

This is a really good thing we have here in Canada. There are several ways
that recording projects get sponsorship: federally, provincially and by city
art councils. They all provide grants to artist. However, unfortunately the
tax payers are not too happy about it. Perhaps because most independent
artists don't know what to do with their records and the money invested is
lost. It would be great if those art councils would help, at least in small
scale, with distribution (although now everything is online) promotion and
publishing, so that the money invested can somehow be recouped.

Luis Mario

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Arturo Gomez <arturo at kuvo.org> wrote:

> This week's sponsor:
> Trefzger Media -- Web 2.0 Design/Development
> Web site, e-commerce, blogs: full design and development services
> available.
> http://www.trefzgermedia.com/
> -----
>

> I've noticed the last 2-3 years when receiving many talented Canadian
> artists' recordings, that several have had their album projects financed by
> the Canada Council for the Arts. Wouldn't it be nice if a similar ministry
> would be created in the USA?
>

> Arturo Gómez
> Music Director, jazz89 KUVO
> The Oasis In The City
> Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station
> Celebrating 14 Years of Live Performances!

Luis Mario Ochoa
www.CubanMusicProductions.com
info at CubanMusicProductions.com
Tel: 416.654.5410