[JPL] Panels at the 2009 JazzWeek Summit

Bradley M. Stone bstone at science.sjsu.edu
Mon Jan 26 21:31:33 EST 2009

Aloha JPL'ers:

This year, Bobby Jackson and I will take on the task of the planning and scheduling of the panels and sessions for the 2009 JazzWeek Summit in Rochester, NY.  We are in the initial stages of the planning now, and we wish to solicit your ideas for topics for the panels.  Ed is committed to continuing with a session on alternative media (i.e. internet radio, streaming, satellite radio, etc.), and I am sure that we will have some form of the traditional jazz jukebox jury, but we are open to new, fresh ideas for many of the sessions.

Please feel free to contact either Bobby or me regarding any ideas that you might have, either on or off this list.  We look forward to seeing as many of you in Rochester as possible - it promises to be a great Summit, and if you register now, it is still in time to qualify for the "early early bird" registration rate!

The Light is On,

Brad Stone

Dr. Brad Stone

Music Director (Jazz, Blues World)