[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Monday January 26

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Jan 26 21:53:14 EST 2009

WCVE-FM Jazz Monday January 26, 2009

(Magidson, Wrubel) Gone with the Wind – Modern Jazz Group – Lucky Thompson
in Paris – EmArcy/Universal – 159 823-2

(Mercer Ellington) Things Ain’t What They Used to Be – Mostly Duke - Milt
Jackson – Pablo – PACD-2310-944-2

(Carmichael, Washington) The Nearness of You – Blue Mitchell Plays for
Lovers – Riverside – RCD 6021-2

(Benny Golson) Uptown Afterburn – New Time New ‘Tet – Benny Golson –
Concord Jazz – CJA 31121-02

(Monk) Epistrophy – Blending Times – Ravi Coltrane – Savoy Jazz – SVY
17744

(Monk) Off Minor – Monk in France – Thelonious Monk - Riverside –
OJCCD-670-02

(Wayne Shorter) The Soothsayer – The Soothsayer – Wayne Shorter – Blue
Note – CDP 7 84443 2

(John Lewis) Venice – Know What I Mean – Cannonball Adderly and Bill Evans
– Riverside – OJCCD-105-2

8:01 NPR News

(Joshua Redman) Un Peu Fou – Compass – Joshua Redman – Nonesuch – 510844-2

(Charlie Parker) Chasing the Bird – Flute Souffle – Herbie Mann, Bobby
Jaspar – Prestige – OJCCD-760-2

(Reggie Chapman) Cinnamon Girl – Alive in Richmond - No BS Brass Band –
www.nobsbrass.com

(Duke Ellington, Paul Francis Webster) I Got It Bad and That Ain’t Good –
Night Train – Oscar Peterson Trio – Verve – 314 521 440-2

(Pinkard, Tauberm Tracey) Them There Eyes – Jazz Masters 49: Anita O’Day –
Verve – 314 527 653-2

(Ellington) What Am I Here for – Duke Ellington: The Blanton Webster Band
– Bluebird – 5659-2-RB

(Armstong) Weather Bird / (Spencer Williams) Basin Street Blues – Louis
Armstrong Volume IV: Louis Armstrong and Earl Hines – Columbia – CK 45142

(W.C. Handy) St Louis Blues / (Bechet) Blue Horizon – The Best of Sidney
Bechet – Blue Note – CDP 7243 8 28891 2 0

(Count Basie) Jumpin’ at the Woodside – Count Basie: The Complete Decca
Recordings – Decca Jazz – GRD-3-611

(James, Stock) You Won’t Be Satisfied until You Break My Heart – Louis
Armstrong: Highlights from His Decca Years – Decca Jazz – GRD-2-638

9:01 NPR News

(Gillespie, Smith) That Lucky Old Sun – High Noon – Gary Smulyan –
Reservoir – RSR CD 195

(Jimmy Dorsey, Paul Mertz) I’m Glad There is You – The Lovers, The
Dreamers and Me – Jane Monheit – Concord Records – CRE-31197-02

(Mike Holober) Note to Self – Quake – Mike Holober and the Gotham Jazz
Orchestra – Sunnyside – SSC 1205

(Judy Brown) That Old Feeling – Easy Living – Paul Desmond – Bluebird –
2306-2-RB

(E. Redding) The End of a Love Affair – Dexter Gordon Live at Carnegie
Hall – Dexter Gordon - Columbia/Legacy – CK 65312

(Ary Barroso) Pra Machuchar Meu Caracao – Lua E Sol – Mark Weinstein –
Jazzheads – JH 1166