[JPL] Playlist - The Sounds of Jazz - KRFC, 88.9fm - 1/27/2008

Eric Flashner eflash73 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 17:05:15 EST 2009

"The Sounds of Jazz"

January 27th, 2008

Host: Eric "Flash" Flashner
Tuesdays, 10am-Noon
88.9 FM KRFC - Fort Collins, CO
www.krfcfm.org

Jimmy McGriff "Groove Grease" from "Groove Grease" on Groove Merchant --
Theme

Lee Morgan "Caramba" from "Caramba" on Blue Note

Bill Evans "Blues in F" from "At Shelly's Manne-Hole" on Riverside

Benny Golson "Grove's Groove" from "New Time New 'Tet" (2009) on Concord

The Rocco John Group "Mischievous Mystic" from "Devotion" (2009) on COCA

Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers "Stella By Starlight" from "Hard Bop" on
Columbia

Booker Ervin "One For Mort" from "The Blues Book" on Prestige

Steven Bernstein & the Millenial Territory Orchestra "We Are MTO" from "We
Are MTO" (2008) on MOWO!

Jackie McLean "Esoteric" from "One Step Beyond" on Blue Note

The Blue Note 7 "Inner Urge" from "Mosaic" (2008) on Blue Note

Mark Masters Ensemble "boody" from "Farewell Walter Dewey Redman" (2008) on
Capri

Johnny Griffin "I Don't Get Around Much Anymore" from "Grab This!" on
Riverside

Bill Cunliffe "Port Authority" from "Blues & The Abstract Truth: Take 2."
(2008) on Resonance

Jeff Johnson "Unsure" from "Tall Stranger" (2008) on Origin

Joshua Redman "Identity Theif" from "Compass" (2009) on Nonesuch

JAZZ IS AIRED 4 TIMES WEEKLY 4 ON KRFC:

"THE SOUNDS OF JAZZ" WITH FLASH
TUESDAYS, 10AM - NOON
EFLASH17 at COMCAST.NET

"JAZZALICIOUS" WITH BRIAN KEEFE
THURSDAYS, 10PM - 'ROUND MIDNIGHT
BE_KEF at YAHOO.COM

"OVERNIGHT JAZZ: THE SOUNDZ OF SURPRIZE" WITH PETER POSES
FRIDAYS, ROUND MIDNIGHT THURZZ - 6AM
PPOSES at EARTHLINK.NET

"MOUNTAIN STANDARDS TIME" WITH GENE ABKARIAN
SUNDAYS, 9 - 11PM
JCTRANE at GMAIL.COM

KRFC'S MUSIC DIRECTOR IS DENNIS BIGELOW
DENNIS at KRFCFM.ORG