[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Tuesday January 27

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Jan 27 21:56:11 EST 2009

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.Please
direct cd's for airplay consideration to the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Tuesday January 27, 2009

(Benny Carter) Takin’ My Time – Benny Carter and His Orchestra 1940-1941 –
Classics – 631

(Gershwin) Liza - Art Tatum: Classic Early Solos (1934-1937) – Decca Jazz
– GRD-607

(Cowan, Worth) Do I Worry – The Essential Frank Snatra with the Tommy
Dorsey Orchestra – Bluebird/Legacy – 828767 11662

(Morey, Churchill) Some Day My Prince Will Come – Miles Davis in Person
Friday and Saturday Nights at the Blackhawk, Complete – Columbia – C2K
87100

(Branislau Kaper) Invitation – More Live-Lee – Lee Konitz with Alan
Broadbent – Milestone – MCD-9338-2

(Mongo Santamaria) Afro-Blue – McCoy Tyner and the Latin All-Stars –
Telarc – CD-83462 ((12:19))

(Chic Corea) Armando’s Rhumba – Latigo – Quartet San Francisco – Violin
Jazz Recordings –

(Joshua Redman) Hitchhiker’s Guide – Compass – Joshua Redman – Nonesuch –
510844-2

(Corea) I Don’t Know – Now He Sings Now He Sobs – Chic Corea – Blue Note –
CDP 7 90055 2

8:01 NPR News

(Amanda Tosoff) Julia’s Blues – Wait and See – Amanda Tosoff – Cellar Live
– CL 081208

(Onaje Allen Gumbs) Are They Only Dreams – The Moontrane – Woody Shaw –
Muse - 5472

(Oliver nelson) Six Million Dollar Man – TV Trio – John Stetch – Brux –
14112

(Bobby Troup) Baby, Baby All the Time – The Jazz Soul of Frankie Laine –
Gary Smulyan with Mark Masters - Reservoir – RSR CD 195

(Roy Hargrove) Public Eye – Blues Nexus – James Spaulding – Muse – MCD
5467

(Harburg, Schwartz) Then I’ll Be Tired of You – You Are There – Roberta
Gambarini – EmArcy – B0010622-02
(Bernier, Brainin) The Night Has a Thousand Eyes – Just in Case You Forgot
How Bad He really Was – Sonny Stitt - 32Jazz – 32051

9:01 NPR News

Ostrich Walk / That’s How Rhythm Was Born / If I Could Be with You One
Hour Tonight – The Curious Case of Benjamin Button – Concord Records –
PRO-CJ-0299

(Ellington) Black Beauty / (Ellington) The Mooche – The Duke Ellington
Centennial Edition: The Complete RCA Victor Reordings (1927-1973) – RCA
Victor/Bluebird – 09026 63386-2

(Hoagy Carmichael, Paul Francis Webster) The Lamplighter’s Serenade –
Stardust Melody/ Beloved Songs of Hoagy Carmichael – Jim Ferguson – A
Records – AL 73231

(Hoagy Carmichael) Winter Moon – The Great Jazz Vocalists Sing Hoagy
Carmichael – Capitol Jazz – 7243 5 23566 2 1

(Sonny Rollins) Airegin – New Time New ‘Tet – Benny Golson – Concord Jazz
– CJA-31121-02

(George Russell) All about Rosie – The Jazz Arranger – George Russell
orchestra Featuring Bill Evans – Columbia – CK 45445

(Cline, Noble) Nameless – Enclave Diaspora – Hilary Cline and Rebecca
Noble – Emclave Jazz

(Romberg, Hammerstein) Softly as in a Morning Sunrise – Sir Roland Hanna
Live at Maybeck – Concord – CCD-4604